Quantcast
The Weakness of The Working Class - Page 10 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dougie Do'ins

The Weakness of The Working Class

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You are doing it wrong fella -- its not for you.

EDIT: Actually maybe.....

(Self Hypnosis is a different book) 

Ah well. Yet another thread descends into a steaming pile of shite.

I genuinely started this thread thinking it may be something we could all relate to regardless of what way people voted in the referendum or their political alliances.

IMHO, I don't see this so called trolling that people see with Rico. OK so his political views might differ from others but so what ? This place would be a lot duller if there was no alternative view points.

As with Rico, I honestly didn't get the abuse Boss was getting. Another one seemingly on the other side of the fence but I thought he always communicated well and I don't remember him resorting to trading insults.

Get a fucking grip you shower of cunts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I blame podcasts 

To be honest I was waiting for someone who doesn’t contribute financially to wade in.  

So what was the original point?  That the working class are lazy and apathetic because they’ve been spoonfed shite through every channel their entitled spiritual cadavers  can absorb? Well, I can’t say I would necessarily stand behind that, though ignorance plus a malevolent press will do that to a man.  I’m a big fan of collectivism, but not when it’s led by a different stripe of wilful ignorance and malevolence.  Tricky one, this. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Ah well. Yet another thread descends into a steaming pile of shite.

I genuinely started this thread thinking it may be something we could all relate to regardless of what way people voted in the referendum or their political alliances.

At what point do you think the thread began to go to shit?

9 minutes ago, stringvest said:

So what was the original point?  That the working class are lazy and apathetic because they’ve been spoonfed shite through every channel their entitled spiritual cadavers  can absorb? Well, I can’t say I would necessarily stand behind that, though ignorance plus a malevolent press will do that to a man.  I’m a big fan of collectivism, but not when it’s led by a different stripe of wilful ignorance and malevolence.  Tricky one, this. 

I don't think I used the word lazy.

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

At what point do you think the thread began to go to shit?

I'm fucked if I'm going to trawl back through the pages, but regardless of where it started, it's definitely arrived there.

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I'm fucked if I'm going to trawl back through the pages, but regardless of where it started, it's definitely arrived there.

Its only 10 pages -- the working class is fucked if they can't review 10 pages.

4 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I think it was page 4 when Section called Rico a troll.  It was all uphill from there, before that it was a bit boring.

4 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I don't think I used the word lazy.

Sorry Mick, I wasn’t paraphrasing, I hadn’t read the thread from the start.  I’m not long for this life so I just read the last two pages, which seemed to have descended into the Rico vs Uncle Rico dance-off. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

I think it was page 3 when Section called Rico a troll.  It was all uphill from there, before that it was a bit boring.

And yet when it was suggested to stop you starting crying again. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Apathetic was the word.

Which in my world isn't the same a lazy.

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

Sorry Mick, I wasn’t paraphrasing, I hadn’t read the thread from the start.  I’m not long for this life so I just read the last two pages, which seemed to have descended into the Rico vs Uncle Rico dance-off. 

No offence taken mate. 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Apathetic is a non powerful word.

Have the working class had their collective fight systematically drained out of them or are they just not up for it any longer?

The latter as a result of the former. 

I think downtrodden best sums it up for me.