You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Weakness of The Working Class

Dougie Do'ins

Ah well. Yet another thread descends into a steaming pile of shite.

I genuinely started this thread thinking it may be something we could all relate to regardless of what way people voted in the referendum or their political alliances.

IMHO, I don't see this so called trolling that people see with Rico. OK so his political views might differ from others but so what ? This place would be a lot duller if there was no alternative view points.

As with Rico, I honestly didn't get the abuse Boss was getting. Another one seemingly on the other side of the fence but I thought he always communicated well and I don't remember him resorting to trading insults.

Get a fucking grip you shower of cunts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

So what was the original point?  That the working class are lazy and apathetic because they’ve been spoonfed shite through every channel their entitled spiritual cadavers  can absorb? Well, I can’t say I would necessarily stand behind that, though ignorance plus a malevolent press will do that to a man.  I’m a big fan of collectivism, but not when it’s led by a different stripe of wilful ignorance and malevolence.  Tricky one, this. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Ah well. Yet another thread descends into a steaming pile of shite.

I genuinely started this thread thinking it may be something we could all relate to regardless of what way people voted in the referendum or their political alliances.

At what point do you think the thread began to go to shit?

9 minutes ago, stringvest said:

So what was the original point?  That the working class are lazy and apathetic because they’ve been spoonfed shite through every channel their entitled spiritual cadavers  can absorb? Well, I can’t say I would necessarily stand behind that, though ignorance plus a malevolent press will do that to a man.  I’m a big fan of collectivism, but not when it’s led by a different stripe of wilful ignorance and malevolence.  Tricky one, this. 

I don't think I used the word lazy.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Apathetic was the word.

Which in my world isn't the same a lazy.

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

Sorry Mick, I wasn’t paraphrasing, I hadn’t read the thread from the start.  I’m not long for this life so I just read the last two pages, which seemed to have descended into the Rico vs Uncle Rico dance-off. 

No offence taken mate.