You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Weakness of The Working Class

Dougie Do'ins

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

There does seem to be a big proportion of young teenagers wanting change and wanting it now. There is some hope with them. See if they carry it on when they start working and having bills to pay

Some of the shit these kids do for a living. Picking up McDonalds and biking it across town with it on your back for minimum wage then not getting paid for the ride back, not working the next day but maybe working the one after - if you're lucky. Went into Sainsbury's yesterday and they had some poor bastard stood there in a 'scan and go' T-shirt handing out leaflets, trying to get people to use a system  that would have them out of a job. Just inside the door was a collection for a food bank too, irony off the scale. 

'Tis as though the pharaohs have returned'. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Some of the shit these kids do for a living. Picking up McDonalds and biking it across town with it on your back for minimum wage then not getting paid for the ride back, not working the next day but maybe working the one after - if you're lucky. Went into Sainsbury's yesterday and they had some poor bastard stood there in a 'scan and go' T-shirt handing out leaflets, trying to get people to use a system  that would have them out of a job. Just inside the door was a collection for a food bank too, irony off the scale. 

I'm not knocking what they have to deal with these days. I'm pretty luck(I'm 36) in that I could walk from a job and within a week I'd have another, only did it twice. But I started this job I'm in in 2003, I have options of other sites but with shit the way it is I won't take the risk of moving. What they are dealing is terrible, add to that the likes of my Mum who's 56, she just cannot get a answer to jobs, and it's cleaning work she wants. They all wants kids or foreign workers so they can pay less, manipulate them etc. It's crazy now. 

Instead of giving a full time job now it's all 15hrs with overtime. No security, no money, no sick pay etc. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Having collections for food banks inside a supermarket is the definition of 'The Man' taking the piss.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Having Tory or Lib Dem MP's turning up to the opening of food-banks is the definitive definition. 

It amazes me the food banks allow them to turn up for the photo ops. I'd be telling them to fuck off. But then the cunts would likely get them shutdown I guess

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It amazes me the food banks allow them to turn up for the photo ops. I'd be telling them to fuck off. But then the cunts would likely get them shutdown I guess

Foodbanks are fascinating in a sense that, when the state abrogates responsibility to look after people, ordinary folks pick up the baton. Like when the likes of Italy etc stopped picking up refugees drowning in the Med and ordinary boat captains just said 'fuck this' and started picking them up instead, same in Indonesia. People are people and are generally okay, sadly the cunts rise to the top and give us all a bad name. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Yes, it was much better when they were dying underground in the pits.  Fucking hell. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Peoples lively hoods are being destroyed every day of the week. Sitting on our arses arguing with each other on unsocial media certainly isn't going to do anything.

No, but they set the baseline with the riots a few years ago. Involve yourself in anything like that and it’s guaranteed prison time, even if you loot a packet of sweets. You’d need something more than just an isolated series of riots. You’d need something like a general strike. 

Just now, chevettehs said:

That's a hell of a leap Rico.

Saying that delivering McDonalds on a zero hours contract with no security is shit doesn't equate to saying being down the pits was great. 

Fetishising the old days is mad.  Working men used to die at work in the very jobs that are missed ‘. Death at work is down 85% in 45 yrs. 

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

No, but they set the baseline with the riots a few years ago. Involve yourself in anything like that and it’s guaranteed prison time, even if you loot a packet of sweets. You’d need something more than just an isolated series of riots. You’d need something like a general strike. 

Of course.  Riots you support, or riots you don’t support.  The sentences have to be the same - and harsh. 

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It'd be a start.

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It'd be a start.

I imagine the idea that there's 'no point' kicking off, fighting or campaigning is part of a general plan to stoke apathy, I'm as guilty for swallowing it as anyone else, I've got en excuse thought that I'm nearly 40 and have active hemorrhoids.

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes, sorry. Must think the same as everyone else.  The guy who allegedly writes for a living longs for the days of real jobs.  But not for him of course, he’s too clever.  But all you others, you need real man jobs.  Fuck me.  

Self-pitying and condescending. Truly a Renaissance man.