You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your favourite old mobiles

Section_31

Was quite late to mobiles and wasn't really that arsed about having the latest ones (the whole Nokia thing passed me by even though virtually everyone I knew had one) but I've had a couple I still remember fondly. 

The Motorola V50. It was one of the first flip phones and tiny compared to most. Some bird in concert square was buzzing off it it was that ground-breaking at the time (I did not receive a hand job). 

It came with a leather holster which I used to clip on the back of my belt during my uni days and would take it out and flip it like captain Kirk.

Motorola-V50-3.jpg

The Sharp GX10i was another favourite and solid as fuck, really chunky and would open with a satisfying click.  It also had one of the first colour screens but thankfully no polyphonic ring tones which were annoying.

s-l400.jpg

• Upvote 1

I had a rubber Nokia that you could literally throw against a wall and it would be fine, I miss being able to do that.

I miss the size of old phones, most newer ones are too big & make you look like a cunt when you put them in your jean pocket.

Motorola V80 was my favourite, while every other cunt was fucking around with flip phones, this badboy spun around to reveal the keyboard, and on top of that the silver rim had multi-coloured lights underneath that flashed like a disco ball in time to whatever music was playing. Incredible stuff. 

Phones are shite these days, all look the same, all do exactly the same stuff, bar maybe the odd gimmick that catches on, which is then copied by every other phone a year later anyway. Out of my last 5 phones the only difference has been better screen/better camera/slightly faster. Nothing interesting about them whatsoever. 

1189434704.gif

img_2333_jpg_large.jpg

826833_596345e9-4423-4f69-bca7-cd2fd71a40ad_1125_1125.jpg

• Upvote 1