Quantcast
Napoli (A) Champions League 17/9/19. 20:00 - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Napoli (A) Champions League 17/9/19. 20:00

22 minutes ago, niallers said:

Or Gomez even. He needs to be rested somewhere.

Gomes at left back against Napoli doesn't instil me with confidence to be honest. 

If Larouci can't do it we need another left back in my opinion. 

It’s a game on Tuesday and a game on Sunday early in the season. We’ll play strong teams in both.

Hendo and Bobby will replace Ox and Divock on Tuesday with the rest as expected. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

It’s a game on Tuesday and a game on Sunday early in the season. We’ll play strong teams in both.

Hendo and Bobby will replace Ox and Divock on Tuesday with the rest as expected. 

This.

Fanny about with the squad when we're playing Genk or Salzburg at Anfield.  Against Napoli, go strong.

• Upvote 2

Why rest anyone

If fit they all play., then they play Chelsea then you can rest them for the league Cup. Changes can be made in the other games

Resting players away to Napoli wouldn't go well. 

Well not the front three, full backs or VVD.    The midfield will need to be on their game and protect our full backs. 

6 hours ago, suzy said:

Klopp won’t rest many if any I reckon and rightly so.

Agreed .  Hendo will be back instead of Ox plus Firmino otherwise its the starting team from Saturday

Robbo not training this morning according to the Echo and Klopp mentioned a minor knock after the Newcastle game. Might see Milner there tomorrow then

1 hour ago, mgw100 said:

Robbo not training this morning according to the Echo and Klopp mentioned a minor knock after the Newcastle game. Might see Milner there tomorrow then

Hopefully that is an actual minor knock not a Liverpool minor knock which means we will keep hearing he's a couple of weeks away from being fit for the next 6 months.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, mgw100 said:

I don't think the club have confirmed any problem with him and he's in the squad. He was apparently missing from the part pf the training sess that was streamed.( as was Origi). I expect its fuck all  

Swings and roundabouts with the Napoli game , tough first up but avoid defeat and we will probably be able to play the U23's in the last 2 group games. Best teams for both upcoming games and rest practically everybody for MK Dons.

3 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

This "never rest anyone" mentality will catch up with us in my opinion. Its a recipe for tired legs and injuries. 

Big clubs do not rest players in the Champions League against top opponents. 

Given how our competitive games have been so close its difficult to imagine anything but yet another narrow victory,defeat or low scoring draw. If it were a friendly then a rout for somebody would be on the cards.