Quantcast
Napoli (A) Champions League 17/9/19. 20:00 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Napoli (A) Champions League 17/9/19. 20:00

Solidity. Energy. Focus. Control. Creativity. Ruthlessness.

I don't ask for much.

We might look to dial down the creativity and concentrate on being solid for this one. Last year we played poorly in Naples and almost held out for a draw until conceding a last minute goal to Insigne, but we were really sloppy defensively and our use of the ball was dreadful. This one will be more about being both cagey and ruthless I think, to erase the memory of last year's fixture and get us off to a good start in this year's campaign.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I don't ask for much.

We might look to dial down the creativity and concentrate on being solid for this one. Last year we played poorly in Naples and almost held out for a draw until conceding a last minute goal to Insigne, but we were really sloppy defensively and our use of the ball was dreadful. This one will be more about being both cagey and ruthless I think, to erase the memory of last year's fixture and get us off to a good start in this year's campaign.

Horrible place to go. A 90's Serie A style stadium and a cunt mafia ref. 

Check the lightbulbs for recording equipment Jurgen. 

I'd start the ox again, and shaq too. It's not a free hit as such but it's far less important than Chelsea next Sunday. Bring in Gomez for mat and give robbo a break too. We can still put out a very strong team whilst resting key players for next Sunday

Play our strongest team. We are the European Champions. Pump them and get out. Show everyone we still mean business. Fuck Chelsea. 

Napoli and Chelsea away.  A very tough week ahead.

It's not easy being top of the League and Euro Champs, eh?

Win those two and it might be time for a cheeky fiver on the EP/CL double.

Chelsea is absolutely the priority. And we should still get out of the group if we lose to Napoli away (as was the case last year in a stronger group)...

It will just be a few tweaks. Gomez will play at right back I reckon. Milner and Hendo will come into the midfield. Shaq might start but Klopp's main problem up front is Bobby and the very limited cover for him. Playing Mane in there wasn't great yesterday. Maybe he'll try Mo with Shaq on the right.

Give the players a rest at Milton Keynes next week rather than a tough European away.

There's 5 days to Chelsea which is enough. Win this and we can give them a break in December when we're through and they'll need it more.

Toughest game being first is a bit of a cunt.  

This group should be no bother this year at all though.  Wouldn't be surprised if Klopp rings the changes. 

2 hours ago, mgw100 said:

It will just be a few tweaks. Gomez will play at right back I reckon. Milner and Hendo will come into the midfield. Shaq might start but Klopp's main problem up front is Bobby and the very limited cover for him. Playing Mane in there wasn't great yesterday. Maybe he'll try Mo with Shaq on the right.

Give Fabinho and Bobby a bit of a rest before Chelsea. 

I’d go with 4-2-3-1

Adrian

Matip

Virgil

Gomez

Robertson

Henderson

Milner

Shaqiri

Lallana

Mane

Salah

20 hours ago, Trumo said:

I don't ask for much.

We might look to dial down the creativity and concentrate on being solid for this one. Last year we played poorly in Naples and almost held out for a draw until conceding a last minute goal to Insigne, but we were really sloppy defensively and our use of the ball was dreadful. This one will be more about being both cagey and ruthless I think, to erase the memory of last yeao's fixture and get us off to a good start in this year's campaign.

Solidity. Organisation. Control. Creativity. Energy. Ruthlessness.

The campaign for real acronyms strikes

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Solidity. Organisation. Control. Creativity. Energy. Ruthlessness.

The campaign for real acronyms strikes

Image result for fast show soccer

Wrap the entire first team up in cotton wool.

I'd only start 7 players for this match.

Lonergan

Gomez, Lovren, Van Den Berg

Milner, Lallana, Shaqiri.

Oxlade-Chamberlain to come on for Lallana when he gets injured. 

The Premier League must be our priority this season.

23 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Wrap the entire first team up in cotton wool.

I'd only start 7 players for this match.

Lonergan

Gomez, Lovren, Van Den Berg

Milner, Lallana, Shaqiri.

Oxlade-Chamberlain to come on for Lallana when he gets injured. 

The Premier League must be our priority this season.

Why bother risking any players? Just put 11 blow up dolls on the pitch and let Napoli think that their inevitable victory was thoroughly well deserved. 

4 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Why bother risking any players? Just put 11 blow up dolls on the pitch and let Napoli think that their inevitable victory was thoroughly well deserved. 

Might work, but someone needs to get in touch with @Alan Sex pronto

15 hours ago, niallers said:

I'd start the ox again, and shaq too. It's not a free hit as such but it's far less important than Chelsea next Sunday. Bring in Gomez for mat and give robbo a break too. We can still put out a very strong team whilst resting key players for next Sunday

I'm curious, how would you give Robbo a break. Milner at left back?