You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (A) Champions League 17/9/19. 20:00

Bjornebye

40 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ancelotti is one of the few managers in the world with the tactical nouse to give us major problems,and he almost always does. That said,we were undone by an incorrect penalty decision and when referees defend those types of decisions,even with VAR,it shows that there is a major problem with incompetent officials using a system designed to prevent mistakes. I want,from now on,the VAR panel to consist of a chimpanzee,an orang utan and a zebra named Eric. Couldn't be much worse.

Eric's no good, you need Alan instead

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

When Mane received the ball the defender wasn't blocking off the pass at all, it only became more difficult to put the pass through once he decided to travel with the ball himself. Watch the incident again before making a fool of yourself. 

Take it up with Klopp because he agrees with me.

52 minutes ago, skaro said:

The air he dived into was Callejon's intended space, not Robertson's leg.

Anyhow, I'm more than happy to cop the loss, hope it's an aberration and move on.

If getting fucked over in the CL means we win the League, bring it on.

But hopefully we win both.

We'll get through the group stage, possibly won't win the group now. Who knows, not overly arsed at this point. Just desperate to keep winning in the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's not just Napoli, the Italian Ultras have been at it for years and yet the punishment handed down is lenient. If UEFA don't hand out the correct punishments then they'll just carry on being twats. 

Italian scumbag coming up from behind and attack a visitor from the back seat of a scooter. Heard than one before? It’s a certainty and happens every time an English team visits an Italian team. Napoli, Rome, Torino, doesn’t matter. It’s all of them, it’s just how they are.

As always it’s followed up from Italian press, Police and authorities with a shrug of the shoulder and described as “clash between fans”. Authorities being responsible and doing something to prevent it? Don’t make me laugh, it’s not in the DNA of the cheating people (Italians), better to put the blame on the visitors right?

Italy is indeed a despicable bunch of low lives. We better learn to live with it. Those shameful cheaters are a million years away from doing anything about it.

3 hours ago, JustTosh said:

Italian scumbag coming up from behind and attack a visitor from the back seat of a scooter. Heard than one before? It’s a certainty and happens every time an English team visits an Italian team. Napoli, Rome, Torino, doesn’t matter. It’s all of them, it’s just how they are.

Italy is indeed a despicable bunch of low lives. We better learn to live with it. Those shameful cheaters are a million years away from doing anything about it.

That'll teach that bloody unifying, revolutionary Garibaldi bastard.

He should've just stuck to biscuits.

Still, we're all in the Union together now... I didn't vote for it myself, but I'm determined to make it work.

In the cold light of the next day, I still think we weren’t at it and played sloppily.

Doubt If we’ll have many games where our front three all seem to be out of sorts, or where our midfield three provide such little threat and creativity, or where our full backs make so many poor passes and get caught out so much.

As for Van Dijk’s mistake, well, as long as it’s a collectors item then fair enough, he’s got so many credits in the bank and it didn’t matter anyway.

Thought Adrián played well.

Thought we should’ve put an attacking midfielder on for Milner way before Shaquiri was brought on, and regardless of refereeing decisions and VAR, we really should have turned these over as they aren’t as good as we are.

We will likely still qualify and that’s what matters, and if this gives us a kick up the arse and keeps us winning in the league, then all the better.

all this Ancelotti is a good guy can do one. he is responsible for the pathetic behaviour of those twat players last night. the penalty was a joke and they were rolling around at the merest contact repeatedly, breaking our momentum. then some diving arsehole trying to get a good pro like Matip done at the end when they'd won the game, just about summed those scumbags up.

yes Klopp should shake his hand at the final whistle, but he should also inform him that his players are a disgrace and he is endorsing that.

that was not football. that'll be what we will attempt to perform at Anfield in the return fixture. because our manager has integrity. Klopp would never be associated with that sort of bollocks to win.

11 minutes ago, thegreatelephant said:

all this Ancelotti is a good guy can do one. he is responsible for the pathetic behaviour of those twat players last night. the penalty was a joke and they were rolling around at the merest contact repeatedly, breaking our momentum. then some diving arsehole trying to get a good pro like Matip done at the end when they'd won the game, just about summed those scumbags up.

yes Klopp should shake his hand at the final whistle, but he should also inform him that his players are a disgrace and he is endorsing that.

that was not football. that'll be what we will attempt to perform at Anfield in the return fixture. because our manager has integrity. Klopp would never be associated with that sort of bollocks to win.

Who's been saying that?

He's a tactical, pragmatic, possibly even cynical Italian coach... who perhaps slightly resembles the dad from Happy Days. 

Other than that, nothing to see here.

Unknown.jpeg

5 minutes ago, thegreatelephant said:

there was plenty to see. of utter swindling shite.

if that is tactics, then they can be shoved up the appeaser of those said tactics, or purveyor of said tactics, arse.

good day.

Thanks goodness you weren't around in the Herrera Catenaccio days.

You'd have really hated footy I reckon.

1965 European Cup Semi Final and all that.

Just about calmed down from last night. Game fully under control and we throw it away.

Maybe Robbo should have sat it out with hindsight. He did nothing much going forward and whilst it wasn't a pen it wasn't smart to give the ref a decision to make. He just didn't seem 100 percent to me.

Main fault though was the wasteful play by the forwards. Bobby was the polar opposite of the player we saw on Saturday.

7 hours ago, thegreatelephant said:

Ancelotti chewed his chewing gum much like Alex Ferguson, giving everyone a good view of the whole of his open gob. For that reason alone he’s a twat.

21 hours ago, JustTosh said:

As always it’s followed up from Italian press, Police and authorities with a shrug of the shoulder and described as “clash between fans”. Authorities being responsible and doing something to prevent it? Don’t make me laugh, it’s not in the DNA of the cheating people (Italians), better to put the blame on the visitors right?

We all know there are arse stabbing scumbags across there, what I wonder about is the people who get stabbed, are they standing about with colours on? If you go across there to support the team, you'd best be prepared for a row & not standing about like a tourist.

UEFA have made it clear they're not remotely arsed.

47 minutes ago, Mook said:

We all know there are arse stabbing scumbags across there, what I wonder about is the people who get stabbed, are they standing about with colours on? If you go across there to support the team, you'd best be prepared for a row & not standing about like a tourist.

UEFA have made it clear they're not remotely arsed.

It's gone so far the club should publicly issue information to all travelling fans describing how to prootect yourself from being stabbed or slashed by these scum bags. We all know this will happen next time as well.

Guest Pistonbroke
14 hours ago, magicrat said:

Just about calmed down from last night. Game fully under control and we throw it away.

Maybe Robbo should have sat it out with hindsight. He did nothing much going forward and whilst it wasn't a pen it wasn't smart to give the ref a decision to make. He just didn't seem 100 percent to me.

Main fault though was the wasteful play by the forwards. Bobby was the polar opposite of the player we saw on Saturday.

I thought he played OK, linked up play well and was for ever having to drop deep to get the ball due to the lack of creativity from Milner and Henderson. The opposition were also a huge step up from Newcastle and for whatever reason we always seem to struggle against them. Hopefully we trounce the fuckers at Anfield, a repeat of the 5-0 friendly scoreline before the start of last season will do.