You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (A) Champions League 17/9/19. 20:00

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, viRdjil said:

He wasn’t great tonight IMO, I maybe reading into this a bit too much, but without actual competition for his spot, he can actually afford to not be on top of his game all the time.

He was still OK, late in the game he was done for pace a few times but shit happens. He'd put in a good shift up until then and he kept their right back from attacking most of the game. I love Milner as he gives it his all and is a thorough professional, I just think against the better teams with technical players he should be left on the bench to begin with as he offers very little. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Whats the harm in checking VAR? What, it adds like a minute?

They did check it, it is why the referee made them wait to place the ball on the spot, unfortunately the German official in the VAR studio was an utter bell end. If you mean why the referee didn't run over to the sideline to check his own decision I'm guessing his mate said there was contact so he stuck with his original decision. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

They did check it, it is why the referee made them wait to place the ball on the spot, unfortunately the German official in the VAR studio was an utter bell end. If you mean why the referee didn't run over to the sideline to check his own decision I'm guessing his mate said there was contact so he stuck with his original decision. 

Yeah I mean why didn't the ref run over and check it. Either that or the person operating VAR do their job?

One of those games where lots of small things weren't right. We were lucky in some cases with Adrian's amazing save and unlucky in others with the absurd penalty decision and the ridiculous second goal. 

Milner shouldn't have played in midfield. That trio wasn't good. Not complimentary at all and not enough technique. We're better than this Napoli side but us picking those 3 gave them more control. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Yeah I mean why didn't the ref run over and check it. Either that or the person operating VAR do their job?

They only go to the monitor if the VAR official tells them they might want to check it. If the VAR official says the decision is correct in their opinion they just stick with it. Even the German commentators on the channel I was watching said after the replay that it wasn't a penalty and expected VAR to overturn it, they just laughed and said it was a huge mistake by all concerned when it wasn't. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Another thing that cheesed me off was when at 0-0 Mane was clean through and only had to pass to Salah to put him in on goal, yet instead he took another three touches to see if he could get past the defender and score himself before putting a shit pass in. One of those nights for our deadly duo. Let's hope they take things out on Chelsea on Sunday. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, should have played him through earlier

Salah was in acres of space, a quick ball and Salah more than likely sticks that in the back of the net. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition between your main goal scorers but you do get that feeling that Mane is not quite over his huff yet. 

If the ref hadn’t have given that tonight, they wouldn’t have overturned it, so if they can’t or won’t overturn penalty decisions then surely it makes more sense to wait until the ball goes out of play and then have a look at it. Or blow the whistle when the attacking phase ends and then have a drop ball or something. 

33 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

"Harsh but one you’d be wanting at the other end."

What a strange thing to say. Not even sure what it means. 

It's what Carragher does when he wants to appear neutral. Absolute contradictory bollocks. You won't

find a better example of an attacker initiating contact and then embellishing. 

Adrian has been nothing short of the best number 2 we’ve probably ever had.  The double save was okay.  The right handed save in the second half was as spectacular as you could wish to see.  He’s been really good with his feet as well since the error the other week which shows he’s got his head screwed on.

I actually thought TK was making a very dry point about the shit Mignolet used to take.  Mig used to pull off really good saves and then concede a goal from an unsaveable shot.  Every man and has dog would be slaughtering him and pulling stats up about save percentages and goals conceded etc and go on rants about how he never saves anything.  I thought he had a particularly good game tonight and looked very safe.  The defence looks confident in him.  

The second goal is a result of trying to keep possession to create an attack rather than lumping it upfield and having to work to get it back off them.  If much rather Virg do what he did and take the risk and lose 2-0 than just twat it up the pitch and have less chance of getting an equaliser.

• Upvote 2

Klopp made a really good point in his interview as well.  When Mane overhit that pass he actually should have been going himself because the pass had gone and a few more steps and he’s got a free shot.

He wanted to make the pass as soon as he got the ball and it’s clearly because he kicked off the other week.  He couldn’t have gone himself there because he would have looked like a cunt but that’s exactly what he should have done.

35 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Another thing that cheesed me off was when at 0-0 Mane was clean through and only had to pass to Salah to put him in on goal, yet instead he took another three touches to see if he could get past the defender and score himself before putting a shit pass in. One of those nights for our deadly duo. Let's hope they take things out on Chelsea on Sunday. 

Wow

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, The Guest said:

Wow

Why 'Wow' he could have easily slipped in Salah earlier, the defender was moving towards Mane whilst Salah was running clean through on goal if he had passed it.