You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (A) Champions League 17/9/19. 20:00

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

If only the frustrating bastard would stop making good saves and playing error-free games in the Champions League, then I would finally see the light of truth.

You're in denial and that's natural for a new signing who you want to support, I get it.  But he's terrible.

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

You're in denial and that's natural for a new signing who you want to support, I get it.  But he's terrible.

I don’t think he’a very good, but he genuinely made the best save I’ve ever seen early in the second half. Otherworldly. Has Alisson made a better save in his career?

Referee and VAR gave them the game. Napoli did nothing to deserve that result. I can't stand the rank, unwashed, snivelling, cowardly, third world fuckers who support them either and would understand if something dreadful happened to some of them on their travels this season. 

And our front three had a night that you could never have imagined. Fuck ups, overhit and misplaced passes and just general incompetence going forward. One down, five to go.

Well, what a fucking shit show that turned out to be. We just dont like playing in Naples. Maybe it's brought the players down to earth with a bump?

To sum it up, the front three looked like they were only introduced to each other just before kick off. Ive never seen them so out of tune with each other. The midfield gave them the balls and the chances but they either just wasted possession or blew the chances.

Adrian was unlucky with the pen but no one's really stopping it with that much power.

Looked a lot of tired players out there in the last 15 minutes. Gini looked like he struggled to get back in position from their box and he'd just come on. Fabino dead on his feet. Trent continues to smack the ball into the nearest player.

Robbos 'challenge' for the pen was a tired one. Not sure how that stood after VAR, isnt it a clear and obvious error if there's no contact? Virgil's error was also clearly down to tiredness.

We need to win against Salzburg as it seem Ghenk are going to be the whipping boys of the group.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

First defeat in 4 months and the mingebags are at it again. Christmas come early for some of you cunts.

They can't help themselves, they've been waiting for this moment to pounce. I fail to see why they follow football as they clearly get little enjoyment out of the game and seem more happy when they can criticise. It takes all sorts though. 

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I don’t think he’a very good, but he genuinely made the best save I’ve ever seen early in the second half. Otherworldly. Has Alisson made a better save in his career?

It was a fine save as I said at the time, but it looked better than it really was because he had to go with his wrong hand.  Everything about him just looks so awkward and unorthodox, but that's no surprise as I assume there's a reason West Ham let his contract run down.  We took a chance on him, a big chance.   Alisson can't return soon enough.

6 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

One player really struggled in our back four tonight and that was Matip. He couldnt handle the pace and quick feet of Lozano in the first half and he struggled with the physicality of Llorente when he came on. The latter also lead to the penalty situation. 

rexfeatures_5883440u_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Take another look. He’s going down before there’s any contact.

The contact only came as he was looking for it, as you say he was diving before hand and Robbo's flick out hit thin air. Like I said, one thing to con the referee but the official on VAR had all the angles to look at and probably didn't want to make his German mate look daft, no other reason for him not to pick up on the dive. Incompetent and infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

First defeat in 4 months and the mingebags are at it again. Christmas come early for some of you cunts.

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They can't help themselves, they've been waiting for this moment to pounce. I fail to see why they follow football as they clearly get little enjoyment out of the game and seem more happy when they can criticise. It takes all sorts though. 

You two can enjoy your happy clapping when we’re in the Europa League in February. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

I agree some right hysterical cunts on here. Think before you type shite. It's a nothing defete we'll progress and this will be forgotten about. 

VAR really is a waste of time the way they're using it. Constantly slows the game down checking back on nothing incidents and then when there's the chance to actually correct a match changing decision like that they refuse to use it to overrule the original decision. My thoughts watching in real time were it was a clumsy challenge by Robertson and it was a penalty, but the replays clearly showed there was no contact and the player just threw himself to the ground. If that's not a clear and obvious error then what is? Does it need the diving player to wink at the camera before he chucks himself to the ground? VAR isn't the problem - it's the fact it's being used by utter imbeciles. 

The performance wasn't great but we were heading for a solid enough away draw before that, which would have left most of us happy enough. If the front 3 hadn't all been completely off all night then it probably would have been an away win and we'd have been hailing Klopp for his tactics being perfect. It was a better performance than in this fixture last year at least. The response after the goal was pretty woeful, but there wasn't a great deal of time to sort it out and Napoli are probably one of the worst teams in Europe to be chasing a game against. 

It's a long time since we've lost, and weirdly one defeat in this competition is a lot less damaging than a premier league defeat would be. Plenty of chances to sort it out at least, and it doesn't really matter too much whether we finish first or second. Need to make absolutely sure we do the job at home to Leipzig next time though or we really will be making qualification difficult for ourselves. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You two can enjoy your happy clapping when we’re in the Europa League in February. 

Nah, we'll still qualify, we just like making things interesting. The beauty of a group stage, plenty of games left to make up the points. 

5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It was a fine save as I said at the time, but it looked better than it really was because he had to go with his wrong hand.  Everything about him just looks so awkward and unorthodox, but that's no surprise as I assume there's a reason West Ham let his contract run down.  We took a chance on him, a big chance.   Alisson can't return soon enough.

These rants are clearly a wind up? He wasnt the reason we conceeded two goals tonight. One was a tired tackle by Robbo and the other was a tired poke by Virgil. But hey, Virgil never makes mistakes so let's say the keeper was at fault, shall we?

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

The contact only came as he was looking for it, as you say he was diving before hand and Robbo's flick out hit thin air. Like I said, one thing to con the referee but the official on VAR had all the angles to look at and probably didn't want to make his German mate look daft, no other reason for him not to pick up on the dive. Incompetent and infuriating. 

This. I’m pro VAR in principle, despite it’s flaws, as I think without it too many games are decided by refereeing mistakes. But when the mistakes keep happening despite VAR the whole point is gone, and only the flaws are left.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

These rants are clearly a wind up? He wasnt the reason we conceeded two goals tonight. One was a tired tackle by Robbo and the other was a tired poke by Virgil. But hey, Virgil never makes mistakes so let's say the keeper was at fault, shall we?

Not a wind up.  I don't rate him. 

26 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He made a couple of crucial saves, but was let down first by shit refereeing then by a combination of Salah, van Dijk and Robertson.  (Or are they all absolute turd, too?)

We lost because of poor finishing.  Nothing wrong with the goalkeeper tonight.

Exactly. Absolute nonesense to blame the keeper.