You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (A) Champions League 17/9/19. 20:00

Bjornebye

That is fucking irritating.

Can't see how that is a pen and VAR hasn't stepped in.

Too many things all game just not quite right - under hit, over hit, not quite sticking, wrong decision made.....they were no better, but a shit decision set them on their way.

Really is irritating.

Last 10 minutes we went to absolute shit. VVD lost the ball, Salah played a stupid fucking ball and Robbo was at fault for both goals. None of them are players we expect that from so lets not beat us up too much. 

Napoli are snidey cunts and I am glad its out of the way. Get the fans home safe and move on.

Maximum points from the rest and hope them snide cunts get fucked in Salzburg. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Think it's fair to say the dive for the penalty changed the last bit of the game. We looked comfortable up until then although Mane and Salah were both having a poor game when chances came to them. One thing conning the referee but VAR is supposed to pick up on that shit. 

Thought Adrain had a good game pulling off three very good saves. Unlucky with the penalty as well. Fab, Matip and VVD (apart from his error at the end) were all very good. Bobby had a very good game linking up play but the chances he created for the other two were wasted due to sloppy first touches. 

Ah well, only the first and hardest game of the group out of the way. We'll still qualify.

I'm getting to despise Napoli, always turn into a bunch of diving cunts in the CL. 

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He made a couple of crucial saves, but was let down first by shit refereeing then by a combination of Salah, van Dijk and Robertson.  (Or are they all absolute turd, too?)

We lost because of poor finishing.  Nothing wrong with the goalkeeper tonight.

5 shots on target, 2 goals.  He doesn't save enough, everything goes through him.  Look at him on the second goal, his body position is all over the place.  He looks like he's going to propose to Llorente.  Look, I just don't like the guy and I doubt I ever will.  I think he's a shit goalkeeper and he looks like an extra from Top Gun.

For the record I think Salah, van Dijk and Robertson are all top players.

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

These cunts are due a serious bumming at Anfield. Absolute snide rats.

They represent the worst in football. A team full of twats. I’m glad I don’t really continental football any longer. The football culture has really fallen off the cliff.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

5 shots on target, 2 goals.  He doesn't save enough, everything goes through him.  Look at him on the second goal, his body position is all over the place.  He looks like he's going to propose to Llorente.  Look, I just don't like the guy and I doubt I ever will.  I think he's a shit goalkeeper and he looks like an extra from Top Gun.

Just really weird, I don’t get this at all. 

Just now, moof said:

I don’t know if you’re doing a bit, but this agenda seems weird on the face of it. He’s looked pretty damn solid overall, made some great saves tonight 

I just don't see it.  That double save in the first half everyone was creaming themselves over, both times the ball fell straight to a Napoli player.  

The second goal is just comical.  He's not in the correct position to make a save with his "will you marry me" stance. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

You'll come round eventually.  Trust me, he's crap.  He lucked out with his move to us and he's way out of his depth.

If only the frustrating bastard would stop making good saves and playing error-free games in the Champions League, then I would finally see the light of truth.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Last 10 minutes we went to absolute shit. VVD lost the ball, Salah played a stupid fucking ball and Robbo was at fault for both goals. None of them are players we expect that from so lets not beat us up too much. 

Napoli are snidey cunts and I am glad its out of the way. Get the fans home safe and move on.

Maximum points from the rest and hope them snide cunts get fucked in Salzburg. 

I claim that Robertson wasn’t at fault for the Napoli player diving and the ref + VAR rewarding him with a penalty.

One player really struggled in our back four tonight and that was Matip. He couldnt handle the pace and quick feet of Lozano in the first half and he struggled with the physicality of Llorente when he came on. The latter also lead to the penalty situation. 

They are an excellent side and work really hard to get back (and forward on the break).  Ancelotti organisation and a lot of skill as well.  Would have been very happy with the draw as (other than failing to find a final ball, Mane to Salah, Milner to Salah, Mane to Henderson) we played really well.

Really fucked off at that cheating little twat.  All he did was dive for the 15 minutes leading up to it and the ref bought every single one.