You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (A) Champions League 17/9/19. 20:00

Bjornebye

Solidity. Energy. Focus. Control. Creativity. Ruthlessness.

I don't ask for much.

We might look to dial down the creativity and concentrate on being solid for this one. Last year we played poorly in Naples and almost held out for a draw until conceding a last minute goal to Insigne, but we were really sloppy defensively and our use of the ball was dreadful. This one will be more about being both cagey and ruthless I think, to erase the memory of last year's fixture and get us off to a good start in this year's campaign.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I don't ask for much.

We might look to dial down the creativity and concentrate on being solid for this one. Last year we played poorly in Naples and almost held out for a draw until conceding a last minute goal to Insigne, but we were really sloppy defensively and our use of the ball was dreadful. This one will be more about being both cagey and ruthless I think, to erase the memory of last year's fixture and get us off to a good start in this year's campaign.

Horrible place to go. A 90's Serie A style stadium and a cunt mafia ref. 

Check the lightbulbs for recording equipment Jurgen. 

It will just be a few tweaks. Gomez will play at right back I reckon. Milner and Hendo will come into the midfield. Shaq might start but Klopp's main problem up front is Bobby and the very limited cover for him. Playing Mane in there wasn't great yesterday. Maybe he'll try Mo with Shaq on the right.

2 hours ago, mgw100 said:

It will just be a few tweaks. Gomez will play at right back I reckon. Milner and Hendo will come into the midfield. Shaq might start but Klopp's main problem up front is Bobby and the very limited cover for him. Playing Mane in there wasn't great yesterday. Maybe he'll try Mo with Shaq on the right.

Give Fabinho and Bobby a bit of a rest before Chelsea. 

I’d go with 4-2-3-1

Adrian

Matip

Virgil

Gomez

Robertson

Henderson

Milner

Shaqiri

Lallana

Mane

Salah

20 hours ago, Trumo said:

I don't ask for much.

We might look to dial down the creativity and concentrate on being solid for this one. Last year we played poorly in Naples and almost held out for a draw until conceding a last minute goal to Insigne, but we were really sloppy defensively and our use of the ball was dreadful. This one will be more about being both cagey and ruthless I think, to erase the memory of last yeao's fixture and get us off to a good start in this year's campaign.

Solidity. Organisation. Control. Creativity. Energy. Ruthlessness.

The campaign for real acronyms strikes

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Wrap the entire first team up in cotton wool.

I'd only start 7 players for this match.

Lonergan

Gomez, Lovren, Van Den Berg

Milner, Lallana, Shaqiri.

Oxlade-Chamberlain to come on for Lallana when he gets injured. 

The Premier League must be our priority this season.

Why bother risking any players? Just put 11 blow up dolls on the pitch and let Napoli think that their inevitable victory was thoroughly well deserved. 

15 hours ago, niallers said:

I'd start the ox again, and shaq too. It's not a free hit as such but it's far less important than Chelsea next Sunday. Bring in Gomez for mat and give robbo a break too. We can still put out a very strong team whilst resting key players for next Sunday

I'm curious, how would you give Robbo a break. Milner at left back?