You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

47 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Blew all his money gambling didn't he? They gave him a few goes as a pundit on a few of the tournaments on telly over the last few years but he was all over the place. 

Sadly John Virgo hasn't been looking well at all lately either. 

He did, yeah, think he was declared bankrupt.

24 minutes ago, Gruntfuttock said:

Mum and me nearly got run over by Mr Thorne when he lived in Sheffield.We were in the middle of the road when this big Merc came sweeping round the corner and carried on without slowing,driven by the man himself.Never liked him.

Sounds like you're trying to frame him.... 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

He’s still got a club in Cambridge. Neil Robertson and Joe Perry have got their own practice tables in there which the plebs aren’t allowed to play on. 

Robertson lived with Perry for a while when he first moved over here. Apparently Perry really looked after him and stuff. Its arl-arse when Robertson stuffs him overtime they get drawn together. Nice Guy Joe. 

• 5 weeks later...

He has a point. If the players are having to deal with constant test and sterile living adding the fans in would be nuts. The first few rows at minimum should be empty. Even potentially have screens up behind the players. 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

He has a point. If the players are having to deal with constant test and sterile living adding the fans in would be nuts. The first few rows at minimum should be empty. Even potentially have screens up behind the players. 

I don't see any point in having fans. Its the last tournament of the season. Get it done with behind closed doors, by the time its back hopefully everything will be back to normal. We can't start checking "yer man" out in the Coventry top, tutting when Virgo goes "wheres the white ball going" and work out early on if Ronnie is in the mood or not. 

I fucking love the snooker me. 

Apart from Judd. Judd can fuck right off. 

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Jimmy White lives in a penthouse flat in a block of flats next door but one to our house so we see him out and about a lot in his white Bentley. He's got a bad wig and a Thai girlfriend with ludicrous artificial tits. His flat burnt down last year so Mrs Kurtz stood and chatted with him in the street whilst watching the fire brigade. 

My mate worked the NI Open this season and messaged as soon as he got to the hotel that Jimmy has got some barnet on him. Saw it the next day watching the coverage and fuck me its not right is it. They all went out one of the nights and the next day had to broadcast all hanging. My mate messaged again saying get on the opening of the show its funny as fuck. Show starts and Andy Goldstein is stood in the car-park and gives the intro "welcome to day 8 or whatever" then when he finishes he looks to the side and goes "Jimmy what have you got a bin for?" Camera cuts to Jimmy and he's stood there with a waste paper bin in his hands and goes "You told me we were moving you steamer" it was fucking brilliant. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, bigthrusts said:

I see Anthony Hamilton has pulled out of the tournament.

He has been a twat there. Played the qualifiers knowing full well he was going to pull out if he made it through. Attention seeking thats all it is. I know he has asthma and stuff but he knew what he was doing. Fucked over someone else's chances of getting to the worlds. I cant stand Trump but he is right about it when he says many of the lower ranked players struggle to put food on the table and 20k for a first round appearance fee would help sort someones year out.