You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

• 1 month later...

Fucking clown show. Even the person in charge of the replays, scores and graphics is having a mare. 

I think the Canadian is the late, great Cliff Thorburn. On the red button coverage Virgo said “we’ll let you have a look at the stats while the players are out of the arena.” Next thing you hear is Cliff whispering to Virgo “go get some,” and then the sound of a bottle opening and someone going “aaahhhh”

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mike D said:

Camera angles are shite these days, watching now on BBC2 and the table looks almost square.

I was just thinking the same. Too high up. Just needs to come down a yard or two. 

Higgins looking good to go through here. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I was just thinking the same. Too high up. Just needs to come down a yard or two. 

Higgins looking good to go through here. 

One of the reasons I can never watch it on ITV or Eurosport, that and all the ad breaks. The Beeb was always alright, I shall be writing to points of view.

15 minutes ago, Mike D said:

One of the reasons I can never watch it on ITV or Eurosport, that and all the ad breaks. The Beeb was always alright, I shall be writing to points of view.

Adverts aside, the coverage on ITV & Eurosport is ace. Alan McManaus is far and away the best pundit. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Mark Allen has beaten himself here. 

He usually does. He's in that mould of players like Bingham (I know he won a worlds) and Hawkins who get themselves into winning positions then bottle it with silly misses. Ding is badly suffering from that the last few years as well. I can't stand Allen but I'd love him to win here. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Can’t they get a bottle of fly spray in there?

Why’s it swarming with flies in there in January anyway? Has someone left a burger down the back of a seat?

Hahaha I just noticed that fucker bottom right. It's Allens smell. No chance he washes daily. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He usually does. He's in that mould of players like Bingham (I know he won a worlds) and Hawkins who get themselves into winning positions then bottle it with silly misses. Ding is badly suffering from that the last few years as well. I can't stand Allen but I'd love him to win here. 

Let’s see if he bottles this now…

Should be looking at a decider.