You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Missed this. Just read Higgins got a maximum as well. 

Yeah good opening day that. Selby v Murphy tie of the round this evening. IT4 coverage most of the day and night. Hendry is on later tonight as well. 

• Upvote 1

I've never been a fan of Allen either but I feel a bit sorry for him. He's clearly taken the break up badly, taking a break from Snooker and not wanting to be anywhere near her, then having to play her. I think he has also suffered from depression. 

It sounds like they absolutely hate each other now. 

8 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I've never been a fan of Allen either but I feel a bit sorry for him. He's clearly taken the break up badly, taking a break from Snooker and not wanting to be anywhere near her, then having to play her. I think he has also suffered from depression. 

From what I've heard she's got every reason to hate him. But thats just rumours. He has gone through a shitty time himself like. 

16 minutes ago, Remmie said:

They broke up in 2008. The animosity comes from him demanding that she be removed from the practice room/TV studio at the Crucible earlier in the year when she was working for the BBC. The organisers obliged him and made her leave. She’s also asked for his child maintenance to be increased from the £100 a month he’s always paid, but now he’s bankrupt and getting divorced from a different woman. 

I bet their 14 year old daughter didn’t appreciate the ghosting of the fist bump as much as the wider public. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

They broke up in 2008. The animosity comes from him demanding that she be removed from the practice room/TV studio at the Crucible earlier in the year when she was working for the BBC. The organisers obliged him and made her leave. She’s also asked for his child maintenance to be increased from the £100 a month he’s always paid, but now he’s bankrupt and getting divorced from a different woman. 

I bet their 14 year old daughter didn’t appreciate the ghosting of the fist bump as much as the wider public. 

Oh wow, that long ago! You would imagine a consistently top 16 player could scratch together a bit more than that for his daughter. 

I've come across as being on his side here but I just don't really know much about her. It's certainly added a new twist on sporting rivalry and made me appreciate how well other sporting rivals have managed to keep their mutual disdain under wraps*

*Combat sports excluded. 

22 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Was brilliant seeing them refuse to watch each other’s shots. Especially when she was bending over the table right in front of him with her raised foot nearly knocking the light off 

Hahaha yeh clocked that. She was watching the other table for loads of his shots and when she was bent over right in-front of him he was looking at the audience dead shifty. 

51 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Oh wow, that long ago! You would imagine a consistently top 16 player could scratch together a bit more than that for his daughter. 

I've come across as being on his side here but I just don't really know much about her. It's certainly added a new twist on sporting rivalry and made me appreciate how well other sporting rivals have managed to keep their mutual disdain under wraps*

*Combat sports excluded. 

Veering way off topic here but speaking of Snooker players and money, The YouTube algorithm threw up this for me the other week. 

Nice gaff. Done well for himself. 

• 1 month later...