Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

The Snooker

On 11/05/2021 at 13:51, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I've watched the first two. The Alex Higgins story is tragic. What a player. 

Have you watched the Alex Higgins the People's Champion? It's a few years old but it's really good. The bit bringing his baby daughter on really got to me (even though everyone has seen that a hundred times).

The wife's auntie was his GP in his last year's - by all accounts not the nicest fella is an understatement, which is a shame (but we all knew that I guess).

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Have you watched the Alex Higgins the People's Champion? It's a few years old but it's really good. The bit bringing his baby daughter on really got to me (even though everyone has seen that a hundred times).

The wife's auntie was his GP in his last year's - by all accounts not the nicest fella is an understatement, which is a shame (but we all knew that I guess).

Is it a new one? I watched a documentary about him a few years ago, may have been that one 

On 19/05/2021 at 10:52, Bjornebye said:

Is it a new one? I watched a documentary about him a few years ago, may have been that one 

Yeah it's probably the same one. Good though. 

On 11/05/2021 at 13:22, Mendoza said:

Gods of Snooker on i player is excellent

It's really good. Didn't realise Clive Everton had Parkinson's, that's very sad.

One thing though - clearly nobody behind the show knows the difference between Ireland and Northern Ireland. 

I love watching Higgins play snooker. I wish I'd been around to watch him live. When I was growing up I thought he was some mad man! 

• Upvote 1

ITV4 tonight. Should be interesting. I've got it on record for tomorrow, should be interesting.... I hope she beats him 

32 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

ITV4 tonight. Should be interesting. I've got it on record for tomorrow, should be interesting.... I hope she beats him 

And not with a paddle this time.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hehe she’s levelled it 1 all. I think that’s her fella in the audience shouting the soft brummie prick 

If I was Allen id 147 this last frame and then give her a big unwelcome kiss right in front of him for that 

Just caught up with it, went to bed at 1:1. I caught her telling someone in the crowd to "tell him to calm down" which he seemed too (Her fella not Allen). She absolutely blew it though, it was game over and she over-played a shot on the black. Glad she gave him a bloody nose though, first blanking him then nearly keeping him in his chair for a frame. Can't stand Allen, I've never really liked him. 

9 hours ago, Red74 said:

If I was Allen id 147 this last frame and then give her a big unwelcome kiss right in front of him for that 

Hahaha I'd have been tempted to start taking my socks off and ask the cunt if he's seen Scum