You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, bigthrusts said:

Bingham on a 147.

There was a red there down the cushion which should never have gone in as it hit his side of the pocket first...

I remember an interview with Jimmy White years ago in which he said the cut of the pockets are so much easier now, in the past if you had to pocket a ball that was stuck on the cushion then you basically had to roll it in now you can play it with pace with check or screw, which is probably true  

Why are the BBC employing Trump and Lisowski as pundits when they’ve already got really good ones ? 
For fuck sake they’ve got Trump now on commentary when I want to listen to the likes of Stephen Hendry who was not only arguably the greatest player ever but also a very very good commentator , 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Selby taking hours to decide on a shot - does it all the time, does it on purpose, this is why everyone hates him. 

Three minutes he took that even me with a highest break of 43 knew what shot he was going to play after about 10 seconds, and yet when he did the same last year to Ronnie who in the end got fed up and started twatting the balls he said Ronnie was disrespecting the sport .

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Selby taking hours to decide on a shot - does it all the time, does it on purpose, this is why everyone hates him. 

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Three minutes he took that even me with a highest break of 43 knew what shot he was going to play after about 10 seconds, and yet when he did the same last year to Ronnie who in the end got fed up and started twatting the balls he said Ronnie was disrespecting the sport .

He's a fucking cunt. The José Mourinho of snooker. 5 snookers he needed in that last frame. FIVE. It's just deliberate anti snooker tactics. He slows the game down to try and play mind games, fucking boring twat. 

He's the most boring world champion there's ever been. Hope Bingham slams him tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Good match now this, Wilson - Murphy. 11-8 at the minute. 

Yeah I though Kyren would run away with it but Murphy is one of them you can't write off. Such a clever player for an absolute tory mutant of a human. 

32 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I though Kyren would run away with it but Murphy is one of them you can't write off. Such a clever player for an absolute tory mutant of a human. 

If Murphy doing fist pumps after potting that black to make it 11-9 doesn’t inspire Wilson to push on then nothing will 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

He's a fucking cunt. The José Mourinho of snooker. 5 snookers he needed in that last frame. FIVE. It's just deliberate anti snooker tactics. He slows the game down to try and play mind games, fucking boring twat. 

He's the most boring world champion there's ever been. Hope Bingham slams him tomorrow.

His nickname “The Jester from Leicester” has to be a piss-take surely ?

Although having said that Jesters aren’t particularly funny so maybe it’s apt....

Hope Bingham finishes the job as I don’t think I could take a final between Selby and the Pillsbury Doughboy 

I'm delighted that my rational hatred for Selby is more common than I thought. Brilliant player no doubt, but he's pure cunt, and a dreadfully boring one at that. Imagine him and cliff thorburn paying a best of 35? It would feel like the evil dimension that the Event Horizon went into with people gouging their eyes and innards out

• Upvote 1