You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, Mendoza said:

Fuck sake. Robertson played like an absolute arsehole, taking two and three minutes over simple safety shots.

Nah he's entitled to do what he wants in those situations. I don't think there was any gamesmanship from him. 

I had it on record so stayed away from this thread. Half 2 I got to bed and that was with a bit for forwarding. Pair of bastards. What a final. 

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah he's entitled to do what he wants in those situations. I don't think there was any gamesmanship from him. 

I had it on record so stayed away from this thread. Half 2 I got to bed and that was with a bit for forwarding. Pair of bastards. What a final. 

The four minute one where he was working out if he could get through to the pink was taking the piss. If he’d have committed properly to the shot before that he would have cleared up. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The four minute one where he was working out if he could get through to the pink was taking the piss. If he’d have committed properly to the shot before that he would have cleared up. 

I wish he would have just started laying into Trump. 

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Hate Trump ( both of them ) but ended up slightly wanting him to win due to the carryings-on from Robertson.

Same here. I like Robertson more as a bloke, Trump just seems like an arse but his style of snooker is definitely much more appealing than Robertson's.

Trump is an unbelievable player and if he keeps on his trajectory he could well become the greatest to play but he is a petulant little wanker. Even his interview at the end it was only right at the end he congratulated Robertson because he realised he'd forgotten. Against someone like Trump you can't make the slightest error so Robertson was just doing what he had to do.

Ronnie has been coming back to the table when needing about 8 snookers in the last few months just to get his table time up because he says he hasn't been practising. Thats gobshite behaviour. Not taking your time over a difficult shot in a UK Championship final. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Trump is an unbelievable player and if he keeps on his trajectory he could well become the greatest to play but he is a petulant little wanker.

That's a bold statement. Hendry had won 7 World title by the time he was Trumps age. Granted he then fell off a cliff for some reason, but still. 

3 minutes ago, John102 said:

That's a bold statement. Hendry had won 7 World title by the time he was Trumps age. Granted he then fell off a cliff for some reason, but still. 

Hendry got 'yips'. I think the standard is much higher now. Trump had to work really hard on the sensible side of his game. He's done it and thats why he's mopping up. Hendry is one of the greatest no doubt about it though. 

They had a segment about what is the peak age of a snooker player. That was interesting. Trump is about 5 years away from what should be his peak. 

Up until a couple of years ago Trump still played like a pool player, he seemed to have no snooker brain whatsoever and played as if thinking a few shots ahead was utterly beneath him. I didn't think that was something he'd ever be able to learn, but fair play to him he clearly has. I don't think he'll come close to overtaking Ronnie or Hendry, but he'll win far more than I ever thought possible. That said I think he's a complete prick and I want him to lose every single match he ever plays and generally be really unhappy.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

He was just Biden his time to get Trump all riled up. We've seen it before.

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I love the snooker but I'm always relieved when it's over - it's hard committing to dozens of hours for a week! (Or 2 weeks for the World's).

Anyway, looking forward to the Masters now - always something to cheer me up in January. 

Scottish Open this week! 

57 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I love the snooker but I'm always relieved when it's over - it's hard committing to dozens of hours for a week! (Or 2 weeks for the World's).

Anyway, looking forward to the Masters now - always something to cheer me up in January. 

Scottish open underway on Eurosport now , Snooker is continuous these days

4 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I don't think I could have a pint with Ronnie O'Sullivan. He seems a bit of an arsehole. 

He’s the most naturally gifted drinker to ever have a pint. He’d probably walk out halfway through a sentence of yours and before he’d finished his pint anyway because he’s a flawed genius. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

He’s the most naturally gifted drinker to ever have a pint. He’d probably walk out halfway through a sentence of yours and before he’d finished his pint anyway because he’s a flawed genius. 

He'd stand there looking at the guest ales like this

_100141499_ronnie.jpg

Then order a Fosters top and accuse the barman of adjusting the temperature in the pub just to piss him off, tell you he doesn't feel too well then sink 10 pints and 5 large whiskeys in the time it takes you to drink two pints. 

• Upvote 2