You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

37 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Allen won't be winning the WC ever, I don't think. His record there is atrocious and there are too many many good players. 

Big winners this season Dim? Ronnie won't dominate and I can't see Judd now he has won his world title. 

Robertson seems in form and obviously Higgins is biting at his last few years. 

• 3 weeks later...

Former world champion Neil Robertson had to forfeit his World Open qualifier on Friday - because he drove to the wrong Barnsley.

The Australian, who lives in Cambridge, accidentally set his sat-nav for the village of Barnsley in Gloucestershire.

However, the qualifiers were being held at the Barnsley Metrodome in the Yorkshire town - 170 miles away.

By the time he realised his error, it was too late and Robertson called to withdraw, sending Ian Burns through.

"Hopefully I'll be able to either play or complete a match this season," said Robertson on social media.

Robertson, 37, also had to withdraw from the Riga Masters in Latvia in July after a cancelled flight left him and several other players stranded at Luton airport.

When asked on Twitter how he had forgotten the location of an event he has played in before, Robertson replied: "A friend always drives me to qualifiers but he selfishly entered a Challenge Tour event this weekend."

Englishman Burns, 34, will now play in the final stages of the tournament in Yushan, China later in October.

According to the most recent UK census in 2011, Barnsley in Gloucestershire has a population of 209, compared with 91,297 in the more well known Barnsley in South Yorkshire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Can’t be doing with these best of seven matches. Load of bollocks. 

Yeah they do my head in as well. Best of 11 minimum. Its because it isn't a ranking event. 

My main man Higgins looking good already here. 

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah they do my head in as well. Best of 11 minimum. Its because it isn't a ranking event. 

My main man Higgins looking good already here. 

Doing well for a corpse?

Oh, the fat Scottish Higgins. He always plays well, very consistent. Unless he has a bet on....