You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

On 26/04/2022 at 16:18, Captain Turdseye said:

I haven’t watched a single frame of the World’s so far this year. Unheard of. 

I used to watch the whole thing. I'd take time off work and just watch hours and hours of the stuff, day after day. Then I had kids and it all changed. Used to love The Masters and the UK championship, but the World's - just over two weeks of snooker! Heaven. 

I still keep my hand in and watch when I can, but I miss those days - I loved snooker as much as footy. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

I used to watch the whole thing. I'd take time off work and just watch hours and hours of the stuff, day after day. Then I had kids and it all changed. Used to love The Masters and the UK championship, but the World's - just over two weeks of snooker! Heaven. 

I still keep my hand in and watch when I can, but I miss those days - I loved snooker as much as footy. 

It's boss isn't it. 

Last 4 and 3 of them are the class of 92. Dream semi-finals really. I've been banging on about the standard of snooker being so good the last 5/6 years but other than Selby and Robertson, these 4 are still the absolute best. 

Higgins winning this after the season he's had would be superb. Williams would be yet another fairytale and Ronnie could equal Hendry. 

I fucking love the snooker me. 

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Ah that brings memories, me and my brothers were mad snooker fans growing up...I even managed to somehow bunk school for the 2 weeks once just so I could watch the whole thing!

I started following Higgins very early on and remember the first time him and Ronnie met in the quarters at the crucible and he lost 13-12 after being 12-10 up and was proper devastated at the time haha...would never have believed nearly 3 decades on they'll still be at it. Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ManéMan said:

Ah that brings memories, me and my brothers were mad snooker fans growing up...I even managed to somehow bunk school for the 2 weeks once just so I could watch the whole thing!

I started following Higgins very early on and remember the first time him and Ronnie met in the quarters at the crucible and he lost 13-12 after being 12-10 up and was proper devastated at the time haha...would never have believed nearly 3 decades on they'll still be at it. Can't wait!

Superb. All 3 are just unreal. 

9 minutes ago, bigthrusts said:

That clearance from Ronnie there to force the respot was just ridiculous. 

Yep he's right on his game. Obviously still want Higgins to win but Ronnie v Judd in the final could be an all time classic.