You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Used to love watching snooker. Pot Black was a difficult watch on a black and white tv mind but once you had colour, the World Championship was derigueur.

Remember watching Readon, the Aussie bloke, Eddie Charlton(?) Cliff Thornburn and the rest. Who can forget the SAS storming the embassy during one final? Dennis Taylor beaten in the final by Terry Griffiths then years later Steve Davis missing the black to win another title which Taylor then potted.

Went to Preston a couple of times to watch games there in the UK Championship. There was one lad, cant remember his name, Tony Knowles? Always had fit women watching his game. Had to laugh at one match, this tall blonde in a mini skirt was sat just staring at him, crossing and uncrossing her legs every time he walked down the side of the table where she was sat!

Bumped into Alex Higgins in a quiet pub in Blackburn with some mates once, Had a man mountain minder with him. Asked the barman to ask him if we could buy him a drink. Talked to us for 10 -15 minutes before we left. He was actually shy lad and spent more time asking what were we doing and what we did.

Dont watch it now, wouldnt know who the top players are.

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Used to love watching snooker. Pot Black was a difficult watch on a black and white tv mind but once you had colour, the World Championship was derigueur.

Remember watching Readon, the Aussie bloke, Eddie Charlton(?) Cliff Thornburn and the rest. Who can forget the SAS storming the embassy during one final? Dennis Taylor beaten in the final by Terry Griffiths then years later Steve Davis missing the black to win another title which Taylor then potted.

Went to Preston a couple of times to watch games there in the UK Championship. There was one lad, cant remember his name, Tony Knowles? Always had fit women watching his game. Had to laugh at one match, this tall blonde in a mini skirt was sat just staring at him, crossing and uncrossing her legs every time he walked down the side of the table where she was sat!

Bumped into Alex Higgins in a quiet pub in Blackburn with some mates once, Had a man mountain minder with him. Asked the barman to ask him if we could buy him a drink. Talked to us for 10 -15 minutes before we left. He was actually shy lad and spent more time asking what were we doing and what we did.

Dont watch it now, wouldnt know who the top players are.

I don't remember them days but love watching stuff about them. The standard today though is unreal. I can't remember a time going into the Worlds where there are as many players who could win it that wouldn't be a shock although I said the same last year and probably the year before. 

Ronnie, John Higgins, Mark Williams then Selby, Neil Robertson and Judd are the main men still but there is a young lad called Zhao Xingtong who I reckon will win a fair few worlds in the future. Then you've got the likes of Kyren Wilson, Hawkins, Bingham, Allen, Bingtao, Ding, Lisowski, Maguire, McGill, Murphy, Brecel and the Iranian fella Vafei who is probably the most improved player on the tour right now.

I fucking love the snooker me. 

• Upvote 1