You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Not sure why they've got Judd Trump helping on presenting - he's got the personality of a snooker cue. That Jack lad seems alright. Didn't look like he'd ever used a rest on the clip earlier though! 

No-one tops Seema though...

image.png

Im not having them toes no fucking way 

53 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

For me, the top 5 of all time are...

Ronnie

Hendry

Davis

Reardon

John Higgins

I don't get the Selby 'hate'. Can see if people don't fancy him he is a bit boring but... 

Ronnie

John Higgins

Hendry

Selby

Williams

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I don't get the Selby 'hate'. Can see if people don't fancy him he is a bit boring but... 

Ronnie

John Higgins

Hendry

Selby

Williams

Surely Davis & Hendry are above John Higgins. Before my time but Davis was a proper trailblazer. I enjoy watching old clips of the young Steve Davis. I’m looking forward to that documentary the BBC have been plugging for the last couple of weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ronnie

John Higgins

Hendry

Selby

Williams

You haven't got Davis in the top 3, or in this case top 5? 

Whether you like him or not, Davis might not be the 'greatest' but he's the most important snooker player in history.

He was the dominant player for an entire decade at the time when Snooker became a real TV sport.

Six titles in 9 years in the 1980's. Nobody has dominated any sport like he did in the 80's.

And not only 6 in nine years, but lost in 2 finals aswell.

• Upvote 3

Davis was the first 'superstar' but even at his best he isn't as good as the current breed (last 20 years) only Hendry in his prime could keep up with the standard now. John Higgins is the best all-round player of all time. He hasn't got a weakness. Whenever they interview the players and ask about toughest opponent etc loads of them say John Higgins for that very reason. Ronnie is top because when he fancies it he is miles ahead of anyone who has played the game. 

Can't stand Selby. I get why some fans like him and the way he plays, but it's not for me. Attacking players that make short work of frames is what I want to see. And Selby has the ability to do just that like we saw against Williams when the opponent isn't giving him much of a match. But give him a serious challenge and he'll turn the frame into a slog, they become scrappy, long, boring tactical affairs and Selby makes things worse by taking minutes to take each shot. Yeah I know the tactical battles are part of snooker, it's not just potting balls and I can get engrossed when players are trying to outwit each other with clever snookers, but what Selby was doing against Bingham was just taking the piss. I guess it worked for him since he won, but for so much of that match I just tuned out rather than watch Selby stand around for an age to take a shot, or trying to win frames despite needing 3-4 snookers, stretching them out for a eternity rather than just start the next frame. Excellent all-round player but not a fan. I'll begrudgingly be hoping for Murphy to win this one.

• Upvote 1

Imagine wanting Murphy to win this the gurning, twitching, troll faced wet fart. He looks like he absolute stinks of cabbage. 

People go on about Selby and his shit nickname, newsflash all snooker nicknames are shite (OK well I am partial to 'The Nugget' ). He is the most consistent player out there I reckon. 

13 hours ago, Remmie said:

Imagine wanting Murphy to win this the gurning, twitching, troll faced wet fart. He looks like he absolute stinks of cabbage. 

People go on about Selby and his shit nickname, newsflash all snooker nicknames are shite (OK well I am partial to 'The Nugget' ). He is the most consistent player out there I reckon. 

Not all nicknames

2304.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Remmie said:

He's a consistent boring twat is what he is. 

Gutted the snooker has ended in the final between these two. Usually love the final weekend, but that's been ruined. And it's fucking pissing down outside.