You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

28 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Imagine going shopping with Selby. Probably takes about four hours in Tesco deciding which deodorant to buy. Probably gets to the check out and turns round, puts all his stuff back on the shelves and starts again. 

Haha ..Funny but sadly true 

45 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Selby turning the screw. Sadly it looks like it's going to be Selby and Murphy in the final. Won't tune in if those two pillocks are going to be there.

Kyren will beat Murphy. 

1 hour ago, Baltar said:

Selby turning the screw. Sadly it looks like it's going to be Selby and Murphy in the final. Won't tune in if those two pillocks are going to be there.

Selby will batter Murphy in the final. He just doesn't have the mental fortitude to overcome the Boring Twat from Leicester.

Praying for a Bingham win later.

Nightmare if Bingham doesn’t go through as I’m going to end up having to cheer on Selby although  it might not finish till Tuesday 

Murphy seems to have a lot of support in the crowd but then I remembered the Conservatives  got an 80 seat majority so that’s probably helping the fat Tory blert 

7 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Think the coverage has been really good this year. Hazel is brilliant and I’m glad she’s back, the younger presenters are decent. Hoping Bingham can get through as it’s looking like Murphy. 

Not sure why they've got Judd Trump helping on presenting - he's got the personality of a snooker cue. That Jack lad seems alright. Didn't look like he'd ever used a rest on the clip earlier though! 

No-one tops Seema though...

image.png

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Not sure why they've got Judd Trump helping on presenting - he's got the personality of a snooker cue. That Jack lad seems alright. Didn't look like he'd ever used a rest on the clip earlier though! 

No-one tops Seema though...

image.png

Yeah she’s boss, think she’s a Red, too.  Don’t know why they’ve brought the current players in. Agree about Trump and saw that bit with the rest! 

47 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I missed the evening session and only caught the arse end of the Selby - Bingham last frame. What the fuck happened to Kyren Wilson?

Fell apart Comrade, 10-4 up and when the pressure was on and Murphy started playing well, he had nothing.

• Upvote 1

For some reason, there seems to be real antipathy towards Murphy by some on here, but you can only take as you find.

There's an old fella who lives by me who had a disabled Daughter who died in January sadly, but a couple of years back he took her to the Snooker for a few days. She was in a wheelchair, so sat at the front of the gallery where they make space. She asked the fella Murphy to sign her program for her and he was lovely to her. Took some real time out, sat with her, had a picture taken and went well beyond the call of duty to make her day special.

On that basis alone I want Murphy to win again for Brian and the memory of Sarah.

Murphy seems like a decent fella to me.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

For some reason, there seems to be real antipathy towards Murphy by some on here, but you can only take as you find.

There's an old fella who lives by me who had a disabled Daughter who died in January sadly, but a couple of years back he took her to the Snooker for a few days. She was in a wheelchair, so sat at the front of the gallery where they make space. She asked the fella Murphy to sign her program for her and he was lovely to her. Took some real time out, sat with her, had a picture taken and went well beyond the call of duty to make her day special.

On that basis alone I want Murphy to win again for Brian and the memory of Sarah.

Murphy seems like a decent fella to me.

I think it’s just his general demeanour that annoys people. That and the god-bothering. I don’t particularly dislike him but then I actually quite like Selby so I’ll be rooting for him to win 18-17 on a re-spotted black. 

That’s a nice story about Murphy mate. Fair play to him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Sounds like Murphy vs Selby is the deserved final then. Hopefully it goes long and we get a bit of drama on Monday night. 

Ideally, it's two days of grand entertainment, me and my old man will be glued to it, he's not been well for a week or so, but loves the Snooker. I'm hoping for an 18-17 Murphy win late on Monday night.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I think it’s just his general demeanour that annoys people. That and the god-bothering. I don’t particularly dislike him but then I actually quite like Selby so I’ll be rooting for him to win 18-17 on a re-spotted black. 

That’s a nice story about Murphy mate. Fair play to him. 

To be fair Comrade, I like Selby too, he's a real match player and one of the modern greats, if he wins, I'd be pleased enough aswell.

Was gabbing with @KMD7 recently about the real snooker greats and Selby would definitely be in the top 10. If he wins this one, then he's pushing top 5.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

To be fair Comrade, I like Selby too, he's a real match player and one of the modern greats, if he wins, I'd be pleased enough aswell.

Was gabbing with @KMD7 recently about the real snooker greats and Selby would definitely be in the top 10. If he wins this one, then he's pushing top 5.

Yeah, it’ll be his 4th, won’t it? There’s no reason to think he can’t get up to 6 or 7 and then he’s legitimately up there with Ronnie, Davis and Hendry. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, it’ll be his 4th, won’t it? There’s no reason to think he can’t get up to 6 or 7 and then he’s legitimately up there with Ronnie, Davis and Hendry. 

Yeah, his 4th and that's some achievement in it's self. As you say, he's young enough and good enough to win a few more. He's been in and out for a couple of seasons, I think he's been shellshocked this season after losing to Ronnie in last years world semi. He looked all over to have sorted Ronnie, then the master reeled off 4 sensational frames and Selby took ages to recover.

When talking about Snooker greats, there will always be some who say "yeah but what about Alex Higgins and Jimmy White?"

Snooker, like Boxing and some other sports is about achievement, dedication and longevity.

Those who try to persuade you about Higgins are similar to Evertonians and Mike Tyson fans who are convinced he was just one good training camp from being Champion again. It's all whataboutery and "ifitanderbinfor".

You get judged by the pots you put on the sideboard, how long you last and how you respect the crown.

• Upvote 2