You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Handy preview of the UK's which started today...

https://snookerhq.com/2020/11/22/2020-uk-championship-draw-preview-and-where-to-watch/

It used to be my favourite tournament before they messed around with it. 

Matthew Stevens is out of it now with covid. 

The few times i've seen Kyren Wilson since Ronnie bummed him in the Worlds Final he has looked like a player outside the top 32. Fully expected him to kick on this season but he's stalling badly. That fucking haircut as well. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ha fuck me Kyrens on a 147 here, what do I know 

EDIT: Got it! Superb lad. 15k in his back pocket and 10k for a Childrens Hospice. 

That money is not to be sniffed at, but I seem to recall Stephen Henry making £147,000 for a 147 in the 90s

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

That money is not to be sniffed at, but I seem to recall Stephen Henry making £147,000 for a 147 in the 90s

Wasn't that in the World Championships? To be fair they have quite a few more tournaments these days and 147's seem to be a more regular thing. Judd got one last week, higgins got one a few weeks back and Ryan Day did in the Welsh Open a few months back. I doubt that amount of money 6/7 times a season is knocking around although the tournament prizes are higher than ever. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Wasn't that in the World Championships? To be fair they have quite a few more tournaments these days and 147's seem to be a more regular thing. Judd got one last week, higgins got one a few weeks back and Ryan Day did in the Welsh Open a few months back. I doubt that amount of money 6/7 times a season is knocking around although the tournament prizes are higher than ever. 

Yeah I just looked it up to see if my memory was playing games. There were 8 147s in the 80s and has steadily gone up to 86 on the 2010s.

At the WC they also go £18,000 for highest break

19 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Yeah I just looked it up to see if my memory was playing games. There were 8 147s in the 80s and has steadily gone up to 86 on the 2010s.

At the WC they also go £18,000 for highest break

That was apparently the 162nd professional maximum. 

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He got the first professional one though didn't he? 

No - it was Steve Davis (of course) in 1982 - I didn't know that I just read it on Wikipedia.

Thorne said he scored more 147s in practice than anyone else. That's like me at home - I reckon I've got the world record for keepy ups with a balloon. 

Fair play though I can barely pot a red and a colour, never mind the lot in one go. 

Rest in Peace Mr Maximum! 

image.png

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

No - it was Steve Davis (of course) in 1982 - I didn't know that I just read it on Wikipedia.

Thorne said he scored more 147s in practice than anyone else. That's like me at home - I reckon I've got the world record for keepy ups with a balloon. 

Fair play though I can barely pot a red and a colour, never mind the lot in one go. 

Rest in Peace Mr Maximum! 

image.png

The commentator earlier said Thorne got the first professional one. 

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Ronnie's 5 minute 147 is still one of the best things I've ever seen.

Yep, unreal. 

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Trump v Walden could be a good game. The first frame shaping up nicely.

Hendry and McManus on commentary duty on the BBC. Excellent.

Im so glad you said that, I've been watching everyday on Eurosport completely forgot its on BBC as well. 

Walden did well against Williams the other night. Can't see him winning here though.