You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Just deliberately giving the intention he was prepared to and failing to report this. 

He probably would have let them bum him considering it was a gang of heavies who blindsided them in a meeting supposed to be about a tournament. 

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

That’s massively exaggerating it. 

And failing to report it? 

Were you there? After a full investigation conducted by top Scotland yard detectives he was cleared of match fixing. 

As for not reporting it, yeah maybe he should have but I imagine most of the top players in any sport get hit on to match fix from time to time. Fair enough if you don't believe him Col but I do. 

Anyway, cracking match this. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Were you there? After a full investigation conducted by top Scotland yard detectives he was cleared of match fixing. 

As for not reporting it, yeah maybe he should have but I imagine most of the top players in any sport get hit on to match fix from time to time. Fair enough if you don't believe him Col but I do. 

Anyway, cracking match this. 

Were you there? 

Because no one has ever lied to the old bill have they? 

He knew the anti corruption rules, he’d had the training and he’d signed up to the charter stating he knew the rules and would adhere to them. 

“Maybe he should have” just doesn’t cut it mate. It’s not like he didn’t know if he had to report it or not. He 100% did fucking know he had to report it and signed legally binding contracts to say he did know. 

I loved Higgins but he really pissed me off with this and I totally lost respect for him. Not for how brilliant he was but just as a person. 

Match fixing I’m sure happens in lots of sports but it’s spot fixing that I’m more concerned about and I believe it’s rife in snooker. 

Here’s £15k and lose the third frame? 

I’d have money on it happening in virtually every tournament for the last 10 years +. 

4 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Were you there? 

Because no one has ever lied to the old bill have they? 

He knew the anti corruption rules, he’d had the training and he’d signed up to the charter stating he knew the rules and would adhere to them. 

“Maybe he should have” just doesn’t cut it mate. It’s not like he didn’t know if he had to report it or not. He 100% did fucking know he had to report it and signed legally binding contracts to say he did know. 

I loved Higgins but he really pissed me off with this and I totally lost respect for him. Not for how brilliant he was but just as a person. 

Match fixing I’m sure happens in lots of sports but it’s spot fixing that I’m more concerned about and I believe it’s rife in snooker. 

Here’s £15k and lose the third frame? 

I’d have money on it happening in Beirut ally every tournament for the last 10 years +. 

Oh right ok Col. 

Also, why bring Beirut into it? They've had enough for this week don't you think? 

I don't think John Higgins is the sharpest tool in the box. If you see him interviewed about anything other than snooker he seems a bit dim. I've always thought that's why he got himself into that situation and didn't report it.

Still, one of the great snooker players, lucky to have seen his career from start to (almost) finish. 

17 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I don't think John Higgins is the sharpest tool in the box. If you see him interviewed about anything other than snooker he seems a bit dim. I've always thought that's why he got himself into that situation and didn't report it.

Still, one of the great snooker players, lucky to have seen his career from start to (almost) finish. 

I'm sure you wont watch it all but this is an excellent interview

11 hours ago, lebron said:

First Norwegian to ever win a WC match in snooker, Maflin. Will probably be the last too, unless some Brits decide to come live in Norway and raise snooker players...

Probably. 43 years at the Crucible and there's only been eight non-British/Irish Europeans in it. Two of them were born in England too. 

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Surely that cant be right ?

I can probably think of a few off the top of my head and I'm no expert _ Mans, Thorburn, Werbeniuk, Kirk Stevens, Charlton, Drago, Robertson, 

He said Europeans mate. 

It won’t be long before 90% of the pros are Chinese. Isn’t it something mad like 115 million Chinese people play snooker regularly? It’s not hard to imagine them fucking Matchroom off and taking their ball home where all the money will be.