You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sancho for Salah/Mane

aRdja

Sancho or Mane or Salah  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Sell Salah and bring in Sancho
    • Sell Mane and bring in Sancho
    • Keep both and reject Sancho

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Why can't Madrid pay £100m for Firmino instead? 

Oh yea, because he's nowhere near the ability of Salah and Mane, and yet we all pretend he is.

He's scored 20 goals in all comps since August last year, that's 16 months. 

This Sancho fella may be talented, but he's not close to being on the £100m+ scale. 

I'd rather get Timo Werner.  

The lad Werner has it all.

He's the youngest player ever to reach 200 appearances in the Bundesliga, he's a machine, hardly ever injured. 

He's scored two hat-tricks already this season.

He's got 76 Bundesliga goals at age 23.

I wonder if we might be able to offer Keita back to Leipzig as part exchange.  Lovely player but plainly not at the fitness and strength levels to succeed here in the PL.  We should hit the reset button on this, and see what else we can do in that midfield department.  

There is alot wrong in this post Bummy. Werner is not gonna be some bargain

Bobby Dazzler has been involved in 8 golas on the league this season - Salah 9 and Mane 10.

There's something that the Kop wants you to know....

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Sancho Werner Havertz  before start of next season after we have lifted Premiership. Same as when we one first division and bought Barnes Beardsley Houghton . We need (another)  decade of glory. 

Out lallana shaq kieta 

We bought quite a few players with the Rush money plus a bit on top.

Probably looking at £200 for the three young lads where would they all play? Happy to be subs? The three outs would raise about £70m? Sell Wilson & Grujic £50m? 

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We bought quite a few players with the Rush money plus a bit on top.

Probably looking at £200 for the three young lads where would they all play? Happy to be subs? The three outs would raise about £70m? Sell Wilson & Grujic £50m? 

Forgot about Wilson and Grujic. I am over the moon ref our position this year especially with the AFCON in the summer honestly thought lads would dip badly this season. Our front three have not had a decent break for 3 years  with continued CL success we need to be rotating or they will be burnt out before 30 . As you say with sales and 50 million investment we could secure the future.   

21 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I will be your molnkeys uncle before a 32 year old Naby Keita is a mainstay for Liverpool.

Believe me pal, I’m gonna be loving it when I’m out celebrating when Naby smashes in the winner in our fifth European cup in a row and your stuck at home babysitting my molnkey, lamenting the fact that you never believed in him. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, moof said:

Anything that involves bunging Keita the other way as a makeweight gets a massive fuck off from me. Gonna love it when he becomes a mainstay in our team for the next 8 years and makes all you unbelievers eat your words 

He’s not going to displace Gini, Fabinho or Hendo anytime soon. Currently we already have Ox and Milner as our rotation options. If a decent offer comes in the summer I’d be surprised if we wouldn’t give it a serious consideration.

7 minutes ago, moof said:

Believe me pal, I’m gonna be loving it when I’m out celebrating when Naby smashes in the winner in our fifth European cup in a row and your stuck at home babysitting my molnkey, lamenting the fact that you never believed in him. 

You've got him right where you wanted him, mate.

36 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Forgot about Wilson and Grujic. I am over the moon ref our position this year especially with the AFCON in the summer honestly thought lads would dip badly this season. Our front three have not had a decent break for 3 years  with continued CL success we need to be rotating or they will be burnt out before 30 . As you say with sales and 50 million investment we could secure the future.   

They will all want to start and the only one that would if the front three stay is Havertz. Doubt we would get or want the three of them anyway, hopefully Keita comes good at last.

Origi 

Shaq

Lallana 

Keita

Wilson 

None of those are guaranteed to be here next season, and would raise a decent sum between whatever combination of them.

Would want to see us sign one or two players and move on a few like the above, if we’re going to bring in a player like Sancho. Wouldn’t lose Mo or Sadio to get him.

In my opinion if either (more likely Mo) do go it’ll be because they want a new challenge at one of the obvious clubs and be Mbappe and Sancho coming in, anyway. With a mix of the others above moved on too.

I would move Mo before Sadio. Don't get me wrong Mo is world class and seems like a good lad, but he has his short periods every year of being mediocre. Sadio is a lot more consistent.

Would rather keep them both and get another talent like Sancho in though. 

I think Wilson could play a part for us next season. He has six league goals so far.

If I had to pick one to go it'd be Salah but I'd prefer we keep both and let Madrid buy Sancho themselves.

Having read the last page or so of the thread I can't believe anyone genuinely thinks of Bobby Firmino as expendable. Mané and Salah play off him AND he's fine with that. He's capable of 15 goals a season by himself and would probably get more if he was the focal point of the attack yet he's fucking stoked to track back/press from the front and lay assists out for our wide players. The only player I'd swap him for is our version of Luis Suarez and even then Suarez was more selfsih of a player he just didn't mind an assist here and there.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

If I had to pick one to go it'd be Salah but I'd prefer we keep both and let Madrid buy Sancho themselves.

Having read the last page or so of the thread I can't believe anyone genuinely thinks of Bobby Firmino as expendable. Mané and Salah play off him AND he's fine with that. He's capable of 15 goals a season by himself and would probably get more if he was the focal point of the attack yet he's fucking stoked to track back/press from the front and lay assists out for our wide players. The only player I'd swap him for is our version of Luis Suarez and even then Suarez was more selfsih of a player he just didn't mind an assist here and there.

Fully agree about Firminho, he's ace at what he does and Klopp loves him. The lad is clearly happy and as you say, he's not arsed about the glory, he finds his pleasure in being a team player and setting others up. He puts a shift and a half in with the way he gets back and forth. 

Allison.....VVD......Fabinho......Firminho. That is some spine. 

15 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Fully agree about Firminho, he's ace at what he does and Klopp loves him. The lad is clearly happy and as you say, he's not arsed about the glory, he finds his pleasure in being a team player and setting others up. He puts a shift and a half in with the way he gets back and forth. 

Allison.....VVD......Fabinho......Firminho. That is some spine. 

The unfortunate thing for him is that is exactly why he'll never be first choice for his country. When I got into proper football Liverpool weren't the team we all wanted them to be. It was Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard and everyone else. There are players from those teams that I remember quite fondly and I do feel like I'm doing a disservice to Hyppia and Henchoz et al, but the we had two genuinely world class players and everyone else would have their moments. At that same time Brasil as a nation had the real Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho Gaucho was coming up and I'm fairly certain a young Kaká was left out, and that's even to mention Cafu and Roberto Carlos as their fullbacks. Absolutely boss players who could all win games for you in their own right.

If Brasil decided their intention was to win football games, Bobby Firmino would be the second player on the teamsheet after Fabinho. They don't though, they want to entertain people and winning is second to them.

Also, Rivaldo was far and away the best team player on that 2002 Brasil side.

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

The unfortunate thing for him is that is exactly why he'll never be first choice for his country. When I got into proper football Liverpool weren't the team we all wanted them to be. It was Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard and everyone else. There are players from those teams that I remember quite fondly and I do feel like I'm doing a disservice to Hyppia and Henchoz et al, but the we had two genuinely world class players and everyone else would have their moments. At that same time Brasil as a nation had the real Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho Gaucho was coming up and I'm fairly certain a young Kaká was left out, and that's even to mention Cafu and Roberto Carlos as their fullbacks. Absolutely boss players who could all win games for you in their own right.

If Brasil decided their intention was to win football games, Bobby Firmino would be the second player on the teamsheet after Fabinho. They don't though, they want to entertain people and winning is second to them.

Also, Rivaldo was far and away the best team player on that 2002 Brasil side.

Bobby has just turned 28 as well, we'll get a few more top seasons out of him. Fabinho has just turned 26, so he's got even longer. Alisson has just turned 27, he has years left as a keeper. VVD is 28 so has time left as well. If we can keep that spine at the club we'll have another 4 seasons of it. Incidentally, all our Brazilians I've mentioned were born in October, weird.