You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bercow standing down

Bjornebye

16 minutes ago, Chris said:

I'm unreasonably upset about this. It's like when one of your favourite characters in a TV show dies or is written out. Haven't been this sad since Kylie left Neighbours.

12 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Lem being written out of The Shield pisses all over fucking Kylie! 

Opie dying in Sons Of Anarchy hammers both of them. 

You wait till Dot Cotton kicks the bucket. 

59 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Shame that. Would have been funny as fuck if he'd have defected too.

No doubt he'll be jet setting around the globe where he'll be getting some pretty big fees for TV appearances etc.

Yeah, I reckon he'll smash it with the speaking tours. Probably a book too. He'll do sound for himself. But he's been a decent speaker at an incredible time in politics. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

No doubt he'll be jet setting around the globe where he'll be getting some pretty big fees for TV appearances etc.

There was some chat that he was going to take the QT seat from Fiona Bruce. Would be an excellent move if it happens 

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

There was some chat that he was going to take the QT seat from Fiona Bruce. Would be an excellent move if it happens 

22 minutes ago, moof said:

He'd be entertaining for sure but there's no guarantee the programme would become any better than the shout fest it's become. 

3 minutes ago, moof said:

Couldn’t agree more. It was bad enough under Dimbleby but it’s completely unwatchable now 

I don't think it's any worse now, but only because it cant really get any worse. 

The problem isn't really the people who host it. It's the format of no real control on who talks and when. That's before you get to the obvious bias on show from the BBC.

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

He'd be entertaining for sure but there's no guarantee the programme would become any better than the shout fest it's become. 

I don't think it's any worse now, but only because it cant really get any worse. 

The problem isn't really the people who host it. It's the format of no real control on who talks and when. That's before you get to the obvious bias on show from the BBC.

It’s significantly worse since she’s taken over Mick. 

Which takes some fucking doing. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Opie dying in Sons Of Anarchy hammers both of them. 

You wait till Dot Cotton kicks the bucket. 

You fucking cunt. We have been hammering SOA the past 2 weeks and I’m not up to that yet.

I hope your next breakfast is cooked by Ardjas wife, you twat.

• 2 years later...
On 09/09/2019 at 16:11, Bjornebye said:

Loads of Labour MP's with tributes and applause in the Commons. Hardly a murmur on the Tory side the fucking snides. 

the-fuckknows-have.jpg

Maybe this report about his conduct was a factor. He comes across as an absolute cunt. 

https://www.parliament.uk/globalassets/mps-lords--offices/standards-and-financial-interests/independent-expert-panel/hc-1189---the-conduct-of-mr-john-bercow.pdf

6 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Yep seen it. Obviously he denies it but it doesn't look good.

I did notice the hypocrisy of members of the tory party (mainly Fabricant) talking about it in the commons earlier, I don't remember him saying a peep about Patel whose bullying got swept right under the carpet. 

On 09/09/2019 at 16:25, Guest Pistonbroke said:

Pity, but he said himself a while ago that he was coming to the end of his tenure as the Commons Speaker. Tories will try their hardest to get a yes man into the position now.  

They fulfilled that task. Fuck me Johnson could jump up and curl one out on the dispatch box and Hoyle would ask the Labour benches to calm down or he'll eject them.