You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GE2019 result

Sugar Ape

GE2019 result  

46 members have voted

1. 1. GE2019 result

• Large Labour majority
    • Small Labour majority
    • Labour led coalition
    • Large Tory majority
    • Small Tory majority
    • Tory led coalition

Pretty much certain we’ll have one before the year ends, I know a lot can happen between now and then to move the polls but what do you think is the most likely outcome?

I’m not going to include a Labour or Tory minority government in the poll because if that’s the result and they can’t form a majority through a coalition then we’ll be having another GE sharpish.

Guest Pistonbroke

I've gone with a labour led coalition, but in all honesty it could easily be the Tories who do that with the shitty Brexit party and Dup, a coalition from Hell. 

Small Tory majority I reckon. If they have a majority of less than ten then they’ll still struggle to get a lot through. 

I don’t think the Brexit party will win hardly and seats, if any at all. FPTP means they’ll struggle even in big Brexit constituencies.

12 minutes ago, Boss said:

I think the Brexit Party will surprise people. They are an easy out for working class Brexit voters that refuse to vote Tory.

Exactly what people used to say about UKIP. Under PR they’d undoubtedly win seats. Under FPTP they’ll massively struggle. 

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

None of the above. I think we’ll have a Labour minority government. 

Like I said though, if either the Tories or Labour are the biggest party but don’t have a majority or are unable to form a coalition then they’ll never form a government. The other parties will no confidence them straight away and they’d never be able to pass any legislation. 

One way or the other, even if it takes another election, we’ll end up with one of the six options in the poll imo.

Tory, DUP and other coalition. 

I honestly do not think any of the main tories give a shit about losing power so long as they force through Brexit in October and I still expect the slippery cunts to do it. 

Most of them have to many fingers in too many Brexit finance pies to give a shit. 

5 minutes ago, Boss said:

Labour won't win a majority. Labour's only hope is a hung parliament and a coalition with at least 3 other parties. 

It's amazing how we are in the weirdest set of political circumstances in history & pollsters spending millions of pounds can't get a handle on potential outcomes but people on here 'know' everything.

I'll be honest I am only guessing from following the situation, unlike Boss who knows , but while I would love a big Labour win I would probably expect a situation where Labour & SNP have a majority between them and arrange a coalition or a confidence and supply agreement around some movement on an Indy referendum.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

It's amazing how we are in the weirdest set of political circumstances in history & pollsters spending millions of pounds can't get a handle on potential outcomes but people on here 'know' everything.

I'll be honest I am only guessing from following the situation, unlike Boss who knows , but while I would love a big Labour win I would probably expect a situation where Labour & SNP have a majority between them and arrange a coalition or a confidence and supply agreement around some movement on an Indy referendum.

I'm not claiming I know anything. The thread asks what you think will be the outcome? and i'm answering that - just like everyone else. I'm actually tired of explaining myself 5-6 different times after every post. I get pulled up on every word I say. Get over yourself. I can, and will say, what I want thanks.

18 minutes ago, Boss said:

I'm not claiming I know anything. The thread asks what you think will be the outcome? and i'm answering that - just like everyone else. I'm actually tired of explaining myself 5-6 different times after every post. I get pulled up on every word I say. Get over yourself. I can, and will say, what I want thanks.

a8a.gif

• Upvote 3

Of my very limited knowledge of politics, this is my take:

The only way people should vote for Tories is if they want Brexit. 

People who who want a people’s vote or Brexit scrapping will probably be split between Labour & Lib Dem’s. 

I’d hope that people would go with the greater good, (which to me is the latter) with the winning party doing their best to renegotiate May’s deal followed by a further people’s vote.

I still don’t have an opinion on Corbyn but Johnson is a cunt of epic proportions.

Even if you don’t like Corbyn, surely “the greater good” of 5 years with him doing what the majority of people seem to now wish to see is better than a generation of Tories lining their own pockets and shitting on everybody’s head and expecting us to thank them for the hat. 

• Upvote 2

Tory coalition, followed by Brexit, followed by the pound having parity with the yen, tens of thousands of EU citizens that have just about kept the public sector alive whilst the Tories flog it to their mates all leave, hundreds of thousands of Brits that don't want to live in a racist Singapore on steroids all leave, the average IQ drops to 73, and the country returns to the dark ages, bunting put up everywhere as a nation of mongoloids live off twigs, Uganda holds a yearly concert to raise money for the UK.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Tory coalition, followed by Brexit, followed by the pound having parity with the dollar, tens of thousands of EU citizens that have just about kept the public sector alive whilst the Tories flog it to their mates all leave, hundreds of thousands of Brits that don't want to live in a racist Singapore on steroids all leave, the average IQ drops to 73, and the country returns to the dark ages, bunting put up everywhere as a nation of mongoloids live off twigs, Uganda holds a yearly concert to raise money for the UK.

Average IQ rises to 73,  shurely ?