You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stadium tour

Butch

Stayed in Liverpool over the weekend in the tia Hotel and did the stadium tour on the Saturday. 

The hotel is fantastic and for anyone interested here is a link https://www.hoteltia.co.uk

With Wall to wall Liverpool fc memorabilia and a replica big ears too it was a real treat. 

The stadium tour was only 20£ and was fantastic value. You get a small multi media device with headphones for around your neck so you can listen whilst walking around. The tour guide was funny with typical scouser humour. "if you try to walk on the pitch there is a sniper in the main stand ready to take you out" brilliant. 

Tour lasts over 2 hours and even the other half loved it. 

Highly recommended it if you've never been. 

DtVVwX1XQAA3kQW.jpg

JS148089854.jpg

download.jpeg.jpg

20190831_131058.jpg

There must be a lot more to see on the stadium tour now than when I last went. Another European Cup for starters! I last went on the tour in the week Cancer & Aids lost in the High Court and had the club taken off them. Just reminds me that Dougie's thread on that day is one of the greatest threads ever on TLW.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Trumo said:

There must be a lot more to see on the stadium tour now than when I last went. Another European Cup for starters! I last went on the tour in the week Cancer & Aids lost in the High Court and had the club taken off them. Just reminds me that Dougie's thread on that day is one of the greatest threads ever on TLW.

Love that thread. 

1 hour ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

We went on it about three years ago. Not something I would have chosen to do myself, but it was a gift from the in-. And to be fair, we both enjoyed it much more than we thought we would.

55 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Took my boy on it five or six years ago. There were no headphones back then but we got our picture taken with the European Cup which was sound. 

Souness was in charge the first time I did the tour. Absolute shite it was. Boot room was demolished and we were brought to goodison for the meal that was included. Had it in the their trophy room, grim it was sat opposition the cuckoo clock. 

This new one was class. 

We did the tour in July. The trophy that you could have your photo taken with was a replica. Number Five was nearby in a display case. I must confess to being slightly put out by this. We were able to get a photo taken with Number Five about seven years ago (I know the date because my wife was pregnant at the time) at the club shop in Liverpool One. What's with keeping it behind glass when it's at Anfield?

In fairness the woman taking the photos, to her immense credit, was quite explicit that this wasn't The Real Thing so there was no attempt to deceive and the replica was close enough that our son wouldn't know the difference. It's a minor thing and everything else about the stadium tour is fantastic. The best part for me was that we were not tied to a tour guide. You could wander around the Main Stand at your own pace, and there are all manner of historical nooks, crannies and displays to enjoy. There's no pressure for you to move on, not even in the dressing room. Number Six does make a huge difference to the ambience. The highlights are on constant loop on the screens in the middle of the stand and everyone is just grinning like maniacs as they go around. There's great entertainment value pointing out to the childer the shed down past the park. The revamp of the area around Anfield so beloved by the denizens of said shed encourages you to loiter around afterwards compared to the previous nothing-to-see-here feeling. My brother and his son did it a few weeks later and were in or around Anfield for the entire day.

In short, a great day out.