You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Long service.

TheBitch

I've got £400 to spend because I've been 20 years man and boy at work, I know, I know, I'm an incredible human being, but enough of the plaudits. I think I'll get a coffee maker, so recommend me one please GF.

I've searched other threads but they're old and I'm assuming new models are now available.

Alternatively tell me what else I can buy for £400.

• Upvote 2

At the risk of temporarily hijacking the thread. Talk of long service gifts has reminded me of an awesome family photo I’d never seen til May. A family friend tracked it down online and had it printed off for my Dad’s sister.

My Granda was head foreman at Middle Docks in South Shields, and that’s him on the left presenting his older brother with an electric blanket for 51 years service. A fucking electric blanket for half a century!

Look at the delighted faces on all his lads. Different world. I swear a couple of them are in that famous photo of Bob taking the league title and big ears back to Hetton-le-hole.

2BE68C01-6545-47F2-9866-FAC2DA2A1C2B.jpeg

• Upvote 16

6 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

As for the question. Buy an Aeropress and spunk the rest on a flight somewhere.

Make the fuckers accessories to a great holiday as compensation for bestowing upon them the privilege of you working there.

That pic of your grandad is fucking ace.

Can't spend on clothes, food, fuel or put to a holiday. Fuck knows why. 

Maybe I could get an electric blanket?

• Upvote 1

Best present I’ve received in a very long time is a cold press coffee maker, basically a flask with a container that fits inside. Costs about £40 and make lovely, smooth cold coffee. 

Then crudely forge the receipt to say £400 and spend the balance on coke and hookers. You’ll get an afternoons worth if the who-ers are flexible on price as it’s down time, try a Tuesday perhaps as I assume, not being of that particular parish, it is a fallow period. You don’t want the kinda coke that makes your head numb, that’ll cost a bomb and you’ll end up tossing off in front of a mirror whilst your ladies steal things from your house, get the cut stuff that makes you want to start a podcast with Steve from accounts about ‘all the interesting shit you both know’. Do this with the knowledge that your bosses boss has been doing this for neigh on twenty years because of your awesomeness and labour, the cunt.  

Drink the cold coffee in the morning and smile.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

I've got £400 to spend because I've been 20 years man and boy at work, I know, I know, I'm an incredible human being, but enough of the plaudits. I think I'll get a coffee maker, so recommend me one please GF.

I've searched other threads but they're old and I'm assuming new models are now available.

Alternatively tell me what else I can buy for £400.

Get an Ambilight TV. 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/philips-ambilight-50pus6754-12-50-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10193144-pdt.html

It’s the shizzle. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

What's so good about them? Seriously.

On 24/04/2019 at 21:09, Captain Turdseye said:

Videoing on my phone doesn’t do it justice. The flashing as it changes from one colour to another looks all crappy when you play it back. It’s the absolute dogs bollocks though. I keep catching my missus taking admiring glances at it and she’s been sending videos to her mates. Boss. 

BEB52919-F722-4EFB-B7AC-3D4F51EFABB1.jpeg

38461DA3-90F2-486B-BE0B-EEF270601AA6.jpeg

E50D5D33-C6BB-48C9-A7EC-6316973EB3A2.jpeg

757101F2-B77D-4EE4-91C9-00E624D97476.jpeg

DBF13022-8DFB-4247-AE60-6B26A492C7DF.jpeg

46C9CABC-E837-434B-B2A2-6754B2A30ED0.jpeg

340031F0-0D7C-462A-9647-B69B71C79767.jpeg

3D2B0D96-8F91-4E40-9B9C-90BA5B96E1A8.jpeg

ACC11E31-B24C-49B0-81E1-5534CF85B1A2.jpeg

DBAD7A27-5BE6-404B-AAA0-68B0926D4AC8.jpeg

• Upvote 1