You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (H) Sat 14/09 12:30pm Premier League

Bjornebye

55 minutes ago, diamondjoe said:

Adrian was poor for their goal. Why did he go for it with his right hand when it was to his left? He's a bit shit IMO. 

MOTD last night trying to find negatives and saying our defence was not as tight as last season. True but missing Allison was not even mentioned as a problem.  Fucking idiots.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
14 minutes ago, magicrat said:

MOTD last night trying to find negatives and saying our defence was not as tight as last season. True but missing Allison was not even mentioned as a problem.  Fucking idiots.

They also failed to mention that we have the joint best defensive record in the league. 

I mentioned this a few weeks back in one of the threads, this season will be harder for teams to keep clean sheets due to VAR and the uncertainty it brings. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

They also failed to mention that we have the joint best defensive record in the league. 

I mentioned this a few weeks back in one of the threads, this season will be harder for teams to keep clean sheets due to VAR and the uncertainty it brings. 

Interesting point mate. I would like to see how that pans out over more than just 5 games. Teams are still adjusting to VAR now. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, magicrat said:

Interesting point mate. I would like to see how that pans out over more than just 5 games. Teams are still adjusting to VAR now. 

To be honest, if we keep winning games the odd goal conceded doesn't bother me as such, all about getting the 3 points on the day or a win in the cup competitions. 

1 hour ago, diamondjoe said:

Adrian was poor for their goal. Why did he go for it with his right hand when it was to his left? He's a bit shit IMO. 

He’s done fine so far but he’s a good few levels below Alisson. He’s playing to the best of his ability and that’s all we can ask.

Alisson would have made that goal look a comfortable save, I’m convinced. That says more about Alisson than Adrian though. 

15 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

He’s done fine so far but he’s a good few levels below Alisson. He’s playing to the best of his ability and that’s all we can ask.

Alisson would have made that goal look a comfortable save, I’m convinced. That says more about Alisson than Adrian though. 

It was a pickford dive

2 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

45 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

28 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It was a pickford dive

What match were you watching?

Nobody was saving that (especially not with their left hand, ffs) but Adrian came as close to saving it as anyone could have. 

There have been plenty of times when I think that the world's best keeper would have done better, but this wasn't one of them.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Nobody was saving that (especially not with their left hand, ffs) but Adrian came as close to saving it as anyone could have. 

There have been plenty of times when I think that the world's best keeper would have done better, but this wasn't one of them.

I disagree, it was far from a convincing effort.

Alisson is bigger, quicker, more athletic and a better technician. I think he saves it, or at least gets close.

The big lad did give it a mighty wallop though to be fair. The ball was travelling.

He took it on early, as well. I wouldn’t expect 99% of keepers to save that but suspect Alisson probably would have.

Adrian didn’t have a lot to save but looked more assured and confident with the ball at his feet than in previous games. No problems with his performance 

55 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Maybe you should watch Alisson a little more closely when he’s back. His positioning and anticipation is phenomenal, which means he rarely has to pull off ridiculous saves. It most likely wouldn’t have been as difficult a save for him because he would have been lined up better when the shot was taken. 

Again, no criticism of Adrian, he’s done a really good job in difficult circumstances. 

So basically, West Ham's former reserve keeper that was signed on a free is of a significantly lower standard than quite possibly the best keeper in the world right now, and our best ever in living memory? 

Quite unbelievable, Jeff.

• Upvote 9

14 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Son joining us would be a great move for him and us. Fantastic footballer. 

Edit: Wrong thread but that’s how I roll on Saturday nights. 

What position does your son play? Feel free to PM.