You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other teams you look out for

3 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Coventry City. I have a lot of family there. And the first few times I saw Liverpool was at Highfield Road.

Lech Poznan. Although I hate the right-wing element of their fanbase, they're my local team for large parts of the time.

Athletic Bilbao. For my Basque brothers.

Bray Wanderers. My local club as a kid.

Didn’t fancy following a Bristol side in the end mate? 

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

Berwick Rangers- my Nan used to work for a toy company called Berwick in Wallasey and I've always looked out for them. In my 8 year old mind, their arch enemy was Brechin, and I've always hated those cunts...

Celtic obviously, whole family's Irish and/ or Catholic (up to the non-religious me, anyway). I bought them as my Subbuteo team when I was a kid for the mini-league we had going.

Bristol Rovers- a few mates and I used to go and watch them when they played in Bath and I was at uni there. Had a couple of good seasons under Gerry Francis. After he left, I started my PhD, and worked as a steward there to get some money. They went downhill rapidly and didn't win in something ridiculous like the first 20 games, went through 4 managers in a month and the Twerton Park 'stand' burned down. Still, we beat Bristol City 4-0 at home that season- was scary as fuck being the only orange jacket in between the two sets of supporters as the City scum spilled over the fences. Fortunately, a copper grabbed me and told me to get out, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this.

City and Rovers both have a significant portion of bellends following them. 

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yep. Stewarding at Twerton wasn't fun. Nor was getting home after any derby between them. 

Few years back they played a pre season ‘friendly’ at the Mem. 

Running battles going down Glos Rd after the game and we got locked in the pub by the police. 

Nice of the old bill to give us a lock in. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Few years back they played a pre season ‘friendly’ at the Mem. 

Running battles going down Glos Rd after the game and we got locked in the pub by the police. 

Nice of the old bill to give us a lock in. 

I was at a game at Ashton Gate, about '92 or so. Some well regarded City fella had died and there was supposed to be a minute's silence for him, Tony Robinson said a few words. There were about a dozen cunts with us who decided to chant during it, with predictable results. Horrible, and total denunciation from the City stands. I've never experienced such a bad atmosphere during the game, we were lucky to get out of there without getting fucked up, they spilled us out straight into the City fans. 

I'm still convinced we didn't die because my mate was driving a crappy little Fiat.

6 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Didn’t fancy following a Bristol side in the end mate? 

Haven't got around to it yet because of young kids. But will drag them along to a game when they're a bit older. City or Rovers, though?!

Having said that, I should start with a Bath City game...

Used to watch a load of Italian football when I was younger and liked the Milan teams of the early 90s. Sad to see them the way they are these days. Went through different phases of liking different teams without really getting attached to any.

I mainly liked Roma as my Italian friends support them and took me to watch them a couple of times. Lost a bit of interest in them after the way some of their fans carried on at Anfield 2 years back.

Don't really bother with Scottish football, as for other English clubs I'd probably only be bothered about Tranmere. 

Just now, viRdjil said:

My wife is a Bristol city ‘fan’ because neighbours were. He dad follows rugby and doesn’t care about football. 

City fans are some of the most fickle twats you could imagine. 

They could be 3/4 nil up and look like scoring every time they attack and you’ll see hundreds of them fucking off from about the 80th minute ‘to miss the traffic’. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I follow all the top leagues and always have. It doesn't really bother me about results others than our own or teams playing our rivals, but like most there are teams you'd like to see win or lose for various reasons. 

England...Not really arsed about teams winning other than the obvious reasons. Love to see Everton, Villa, Millwall, Forest, Leeds, Plymouth and Sunderland lose. 

Bundesliga. Dortmund and BMG to win, Bayern to lose. Bielefeld in the second league to win. 

Spain. Ath Madrid and Valencia to win.

Italy. Not arsed about any team TBH.

France. Soft spot for Lyon and St Etienne. PSG can kiss my hairy balls.

Holland. Feynoord and Twente to win. Twente mainly due to spending a lot of time there over the years. Lovely place and a great market.

Belgium. Not Arsed 

Portugal. Not arsed, although I like Braga.

I actually like Lok Plodiv in the Bulgarian league as I've been there quite a lot as a very good friend of mine was born there and I get on really well with her old man from my military days.   

Teams outside of Europe. Love watching Mexican league, I find Argentinian football dog shit and far too cynical. Don't watch a lot of Brazilian games due to time difference. I like watching the Chilean league, especially games involving University de Chile, but they're shit this season. Colombian football has a few tasty fixtures. 

Like River Plate mainly because of their kit and saw them in a Superclassico with Boca. 

Went on a tour of the ground a few days later and the guide could only speak limited English but went upstairs and got one of the office workers to come down and do the tour and translate for him. Thought it was a nice touch, plus he asked us a lot about Liverpool.

I hope we can play them in Qatar in December.

Rochdale: Always played them in the good old Championship manager, and manager games from commodore 64.

AC Milan: Pure unadultered brilliance in the late eighties.

Bayern München: Mainly because of Søren Lerby in the eighties, hardman Souness like. Never wore shinpads.

PSV: Alot of Danish players when winning the European cup. Including Lerby. Also Romario and the real Ronaldo a bit later on.

Barcelona: But that's from the late eighties/ early nineties. Laudrups pure brilliance. 

Atletico Madrid: Goes back to the madhouse, was brilliant to follow. Alot brilliant players have come and gone through the doors.

Tranmere: I just like them. Also because of old Footie games. 

I pretty much don't watch any other teams besides us the last many years, so it's just flashscore now. Ahh the good old days of looking at teletext and waiting for Mondays papers to come through the mail box, just to check the scores, who scored and updated tables. Everything was better in the eighties.