You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other teams you look out for

Which other teams do you like to keep an eye on, check the scores etc, other than rivals?

I have a couple.

Accrington - father in law (deceased) was from there and always used to follow them. He used to come and visit us but insist on watching final score with a bitter regardless of any plans we had. 

Chennaiyin FC - when my old work got taken over by Tata, an Indian manager was installed so we drew teams in the Indian league and these were mine. Ex players include Matterazzi, Elano and our own Riise.

AS Lyon Duchere - new one who I went to watch the other week when I was in France. French 3rd division, €5 tickets, €2 beers and an amazing mix of cultures on the stands. Will be following them. 

• Upvote 1

Aberdeen.  Was born in the area and my first ever matches were at Pittodrie when we went back up on holiday, and the manager was none other than a certain Alex Ferguson.

They had a cracking team and I remember being lucky enough to get to a couple of midweek European games as well as league games at the weekends. Then a 10 minute stroll back to my grandad's.

Always had a soft spot for the sheepshaggers.

Kidderminster Harriers, oxford and Swindon (boooo).

used to go and watch Kiddie 4 or 5 times a year when I was 14/15 through to when I left college at 17 and that was when they were too good for the conference but couldn’t get promoted cause of their stadium, and also when they went on a fa cup run to the 4th or 5th round.

Then my best mate at uni was from oxford, and got into the habit of noticing their results, as well as Swindon’s (boooooo) over a few years of living with him.

i don’t actively look out for any of their results, but if final score is on, I’ll have a look.

Blyth Spartans as I used to go and watch them in the Northern Premier League, the football is every bit as shite as you would imagine but the promotion season in 05/06 with Robbie Dale being the highest goalscorer in any division of the league structure was great and the couple of cup runs were highly entertaining. Stopped going as they started putting prices up to a level I wasn't willing to pay. 

Pompey as I used to live down there so have a bit of a soft spot for them. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t mind Bournemouth. Good team to watch, with solid Liverpool connections. 

I want Arsenal to win against all other ‘top 6’ teams.

Whatever team Rafa’s managing (with the exception of Chelsea), because I want him to succeed.

One team that I watched almost every game for one season was the Roma scudetto team. What an absolutely wonderful team that was. Samuel, Aldair, Cafu, Emerson, Nakata, Totti, Batistuta, Montella. Pure sex.

Dulwich Hamlet. My local team (kind of). Great story about their survival. I like the progressive values that they’re promoting too.

Tranmere- My mums lot are from New Brighton and are attached to them, been to a few aways of theirs down here in London/South East and the playoff finals

Aberdeen- Where I was born and grew up, my pull to them has grown more as I've grown older and got further away from home

Hearts- lived just down the road from Tynecastle when I was a student and tickets were incredibly cheap, also an excellent ground to watch football in and situated right in the centre of densely packed streets, feels like what a football ground should be. Loved it when the streets would get clogged after 5pm and rugger types/people not interested in football would be stuck in their cars pulling faces.

Can't feel any degree of warmth for the southern clubs, though QPR and Brentford have both done awareness and charity raising events for the hospital department I work for and the people from the clubs I've dealt with have been pretty decent.

Sheffield United - I live a couple of miles from Bramall Lane and one of my best mates is a season ticket and an absolutely top football bloke.

Hull City - where I'm from, I used to go fairly regularly as a kid when it cost £3 at Boothferry Park. Lots of my family and friends support them (but didn't when they were shit).

Lincoln - lived there for a few years.

Hammarby - Currently third in the Swedish Allsvenkan, RiS told me to support them, they have a great kit.

Coventry City. I have a lot of family there. And the first few times I saw Liverpool was at Highfield Road.

Lech Poznan. Although I hate the right-wing element of their fanbase, they're my local team for large parts of the time.

Athletic Bilbao. For my Basque brothers.

Bray Wanderers. My local club as a kid.

• Upvote 1

Berwick Rangers- my Nan used to work for a toy company called Berwick in Wallasey and I've always looked out for them. In my 8 year old mind, their arch enemy was Brechin, and I've always hated those cunts...

Celtic obviously, whole family's Irish and/ or Catholic (up to the non-religious me, anyway). I bought them as my Subbuteo team when I was a kid for the mini-league we had going.

Bristol Rovers- a few mates and I used to go and watch them when they played in Bath and I was at uni there. Had a couple of good seasons under Gerry Francis. After he left, I started my PhD, and worked as a steward there to get some money. They went downhill rapidly and didn't win in something ridiculous like the first 20 games, went through 4 managers in a month and the Twerton Park 'stand' burned down. Still, we beat Bristol City 4-0 at home that season- was scary as fuck being the only orange jacket in between the two sets of supporters as the City scum spilled over the fences. Fortunately, a copper grabbed me and told me to get out, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this.