Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

The Scottish Football Thread

Jock Stein died 35 years ago today. RIP, remember watching the match then going to bed because I had school the next day and my Dad waking me up the next morning telling me what happened.

daily-record-front-page-jock-stein-360602248.jpg

jock-stein-collapses-ninian-park-1985-839982977.jpg

• Upvote 2

Wins for Celtic and Rangers on Thursday have put Scotland 11th in the UEFA co-efficient giving the chance that their champions will go directly into the CL Group stages. The only opposition left is Ukraine who are behind Scotland at present by 31.125 to 30.700 with Rangers still going, but have Shaktar and Dynamo Kiev dropping into the Europa from the CL because of third places.

53 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Wins for Celtic and Rangers on Thursday have put Scotland 11th in the UEFA co-efficient giving the chance that their champions will go directly into the CL Group stages. The only opposition left is Ukraine who are behind Scotland at present by 31.125 to 30.700 with Rangers still going, but have Shaktar and Dynamo Kiev dropping into the Europa from the CL because of third places.

Absolutely disgraceful that the Scottish champions (or any other champions) don't go straight into the Champions League.

UEFA should've just been honest when they started it up & called it The Money League.

• Upvote 2

On 06/12/2020 at 16:58, alles ist gut said:

Celtic now 13 points off the top - Neil Lennon could be available for the impending vacancy at Barcelona...

Only if Everton pay his wages.

On 11/12/2020 at 10:12, Mook said:

Absolutely disgraceful that the Scottish champions (or any other champions) don't go straight into the Champions League.

UEFA should've just been honest when they started it up & called it The Money League.

Fucking hell what next the womens champions go straight through, the annual priests over 75s 5 aside challenge match winners go straight through. It cheapens us all.

22e.gif

The new Celtic manager came across really well in the interviews I've seen with him. I don't know if he knows anything about football but as a human being he seems a good egg.

15 minutes ago, No2 said:

The new Celtic manager came across really well in the interviews I've seen with him. I don't know if he knows anything about football but as a human being he seems a good egg.

A draw and two defeats in his first 3 competitive games.... Give him his due though he took a look at the squad and came right out and said that the club need to bring players in. It will be interesting to see what striker comes in because it looks like Edouard will be off (he's downed tools anyway, that display the other night in Europe was unacceptable). 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hilarious you two. Defo come as a pair. 

The season ticket holders lads next to me on the Kop are Scottish. 

Don’t you follow a Scottish side?

Nae, dunnie waste me time watching that pisch.

32 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The season ticket holders lads next to me on the Kop are Scottish. 

Don’t you follow a Scottish side?

Nae, dunnie waste me time watching that pisch.

Why do they speak in a Dutch accent?