Quantcast
The Scottish Football Thread - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

The Scottish Football Thread

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The Celtic lads tackle earlier was worse. This one they were both high.

It doesn't count when its them getting hurt mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been awful , I'll give Celtic's defence a pass and the goal was taken well. Defoe is finished was embarrassed for him.

 

Was hoping Aribo would score just so I could post ' sweet' but he's absolute cack so not happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I know for a fact Stevie was a Celtic fan growing up but I admire him for seeing a huge club on it's knees. He is a football man first and foremost and recognised it was too big an opportunity to turn down.

 

I don't like Rangers and a lot of their fans but i'd have done the same.

Was he? I thought he was a Proddie myself somehow. Maybe I just can't shake off the religion stuff that partly drew me to Celtic as a kid and has just sort of stuck since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Was he? I thought he was a Proddie myself somehow. Maybe I just can't shake off the religion stuff that partly drew me to Celtic as a kid and has just sort of stuck since.

Cardinal Heenan. Catholic school and he has given a punditry about Celtic Park and the atmosphere. I have no facts that he was ever a celtic fan and can pretty much guarantee he never was. If Ronnie knows more then fine .

 

Oh and by the way...........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Werner scored two the other night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Was he? I thought he was a Proddie myself somehow. Maybe I just can't shake off the religion stuff that partly drew me to Celtic as a kid and has just sort of stuck since.

He is a Catholic from what they used to call a mixed family and some of his family are Protestant. He has cousins that played for the Republic of Ireland and he was eligible too (like most of us i suppose in fairness). 

I'm sure like Flanagan the sectarian stuff goes completely over his head though. For me, it's progress though, as you would hope that the religious hatred gets replaced by the madness of a derby.

 

There is something quite funny about a Rangers manager having a daughter called Lourdes though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've posted this before but Gerrard is not a Catholic he'  C of E, he mentions it in the first chapter of his autobiography. He only went to Cardinal Heenan to keep him away from bad influences in Huyton.

 

Do people still really care about this shit?

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

 

I'm sure like Flanagan the sectarian stuff goes completely over his head though.

 

I never quite buy this, you'd have to be living under a rock* not to pick up on that stuff and plenty of Rangers English players have got caught up in it in the past.

 

* perhaps a gated community where the most substantial external societal presence is X factor on T.V. amounts to this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

He is a Catholic from what they used to call a mixed family and some of his family are Protestant. He has cousins that played for the Republic of Ireland and he was eligible too (like most of us i suppose in fairness). 

I'm sure like Flanagan the sectarian stuff goes completely over his head though. For me, it's progress though, as you would hope that the religious hatred gets replaced by the madness of a derby.

 

There is something quite funny about a Rangers manager having a daughter called Lourdes though.

 

 

That topic came up in our house just the other week about his daughter named Lourdes. Highly ironic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sad. Its been horrible seeing him suffer so much so in a way its good its over but yeah, what a horrible bastard of an illness. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Very sad. Its been horrible seeing him suffer so much so in a way its good its over but yeah, what a horrible bastard of an illness. 

So fucking brave mate, so dignified. Joost Van Der Westhuizen and Doddie Weir were / are the same! I don't know how people cope!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 man Celtic beaten 2-0 away to Livingston. If Rangers beat Hamilton at home they'll go 2 points clear at the top and have a better goal difference. I prefer Celtic, but surely it's good for Scottish football that Celtic are being challenged again and of course it is good for SG and his young career in management. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×