You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Scottish Football Thread

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

WOW

Huge goal

15 seconds to goal, Stevan Davis 2-1

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Hit deflection takes it away from the keeper

Stigs crying these where in the wrong thread

He seems as bitter as well a bitter

• 5 months later...

After all this talk from BBC pundits about how we have to respect the AFCON and treat it like all of the other major international tournaments, look at the BBC Sport website right now?

Disgusting lack of respect for the tournament prioritising this nothing, non-league standard fixture. 

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 1.12.05 PM.png

I've tried to get my head round the utter weirdness of Celtic and Rangers but the whole thing baffles me. It would actually be an enjoyable Derby if it wasn't for all the shit surrounding it. Both clubs are massive with loads of history and great players. 

I doubt most of the people who go the match and chant all kinds are in church every week. 

Some fella in my work who decided to marry a Catholic but refused to attend church when his kids got christened. The last time he ever went to church was when his Dad died in the mid nineties. Another person asked him why in the 21st century is anyone arsed about all this sectarian nonsense, it died out in Liverpool years ago. 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

After all this talk from BBC pundits about how we have to respect the AFCON and treat it like all of the other major international tournaments, look at the BBC Sport website right now?

Disgusting lack of respect for the tournament prioritising this nothing, non-league standard fixture. 

Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 1.12.05 PM.png

Do they have non-League teams in the knockout stages of European competitions now?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I've tried to get my head round the utter weirdness of Celtic and Rangers but the whole thing baffles me. It would actually be an enjoyable Derby if it wasn't for all the shit surrounding it. Both clubs are massive with loads of history and great players. 

I doubt most of the people who go the match and chant all kinds are in church every week. 

Some fella in my work who decided to marry a Catholic but refused to attend church when his kids got christened. The last time he ever went to church was when his Dad died in the mid nineties. Another person asked him why in the 21st century is anyone arsed about all this sectarian nonsense, it died out in Liverpool years ago. 

Is it any stranger than the hatred and bile when we play Manchester United? As you say, I doubt there are too many devout Christians of either stripe among the fanbases these days. It’s just an excuse to dislike/hate another tribe. 

The sectarianism is a load of bollocks however it’s better to have a smidge of understanding before judging. 

Celtic absolutely battered them last night (is right) and my Dad gave me a scarf from the 1988 league winning season that he’s kept dearly and basically passed the baton. 

If you aren’t arsed fine, but fuck off commenting if you haven’t got a clue. 

Get in Glasgow Celtic 

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

Remove the hate from that game it's just an every day championship game between 2 shit sides. The hate is what makes it anything at all. They need to start letting away fans in, that's just ridiculous. 

Have you ever been to an Old Firm game?