You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Scottish Football Thread

Bjornebye

Scott Brown ..... slag him off all you want. Brilliant captain and very underrated player. Yes its Scottish footy. Who knows how he would have been in the premier league but a lot have players have gone up there and come a cropper. 

Every single Celtic game he is the marked man. Guess what... he wins everytime and just laughs at them. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, KMD7 said:

I enjoyed it mate. Not the best quality obviously but plenty of excitement

This

Reminded me of football in the 60-90s. 100 miles a hour at times, physical, direct. Good fun imo. 

Quality of the pitch didn't help. 

• Upvote 2

Winning is all that matters in cups , but I was amazed how Rangers basically battered Celtic for 90 minutes. I don't watch any Scottish matches but just assumed Celtic were still miles ahead with Rangers able to occasionally give Celtic a game at Ibrox if the crowd got behind them etc. Did Celtic have injuries or some other issues today ?

38 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Winning is all that matters in cups , but I was amazed how Rangers basically battered Celtic for 90 minutes. I don't watch any Scottish matches but just assumed Celtic were still miles ahead with Rangers able to occasionally give Celtic a game at Ibrox if the crowd got behind them etc. Did Celtic have injuries or some other issues today ?

Just sat off and laughed. Then won. 

17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Scott Brown ..... slag him off all you want. Brilliant captain and very underrated player. Yes its Scottish footy. Who knows how he would have been in the premier league but a lot have players have gone up there and come a cropper. 

Every single Celtic game he is the marked man. Guess what... he wins everytime and just laughs at them. 

giphy.gif

Haha, that's a fair reaction when the oppos take you out not once but twice.

Not good results but a good night for Scottish football tonight. Both Rangers and Celtic through to the last 32 of Europa League. They might not like both getting through but it's best for both them in the long run. Get better seeding as a nation

33 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not good results but a good night for Scottish football tonight. Both Rangers and Celtic through to the last 32 of Europa League. They might not like both getting through but it's best for both them in the long run. Get better seeding as a nation

I think if either get through the next round then they get 2 entries into the champions league next season. 

• 1 month later...

Reminds me of that fat blert at Chelsea who pretended he could speak Italian when Ranieri was there and got away with it for about a week until Italian speakers flooded MOTD with calls saying he was making rubbish up.

He still stands by the tunnel at Stamford Bridge waiting to die of a heart attack.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Reminds me of that fat blert at Chelsea who pretended he could speak Italian when Ranieri was there and got away with it for about a week until Italian speakers flooded MOTD with calls saying he was making rubbish up.

He still stands by the tunnel at Stamford Bridge waiting to die of a heart attack.

Haha. Reminds me of when Kula Shaker released Govinda and (I'm sure it was) TFI Friday had rang round about 10 curry houses in London asking if any of them knew what the fuck it meant. None of them did. 

Govinda Jaya Jaya
Gopala Jaya Jaya
Radha-ramanahari
Govinda Jaya Jaya
Nrsingadeva Jaya Nrsingadeva (twice) (repeat verse) 
Gaura Gaura Gaura Hari
Gaura Hari
Prabhupda
Govindam

Incidentally that was their only top 10 hit which is a travesty. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hearts' turnover for 2018/19 was a mere £15m, and even that was a £3m increase on the year before. Their total wage bill was a little over £8m, which is less than £160k per week for all the players and staff at the club combined! They've turned a profit more often than not which suggests they are managing their finances well, but those numbers do not give them a hope in hell of competing with the Old Firm, who make 4-5 times as much if they have a European run. A £1m hit in turnover for them is like £35-40m for us.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/11964825/hearts-warn-players-their-wages-will-be-suspended-if-they-refuse-50-per-cent-pay-cut

Hearts owner Ann Budge has written a letter to the club's players warning them their wages will be suspended from March 31 if they do not accept a 50 per cent wage cut.

Hearts are set to miss out on £1m of income next month following the suspension of Scottish football amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and Budge has warned the club will not survive a six-month shutdown without implementing cuts. Striker Steven Naismith has accepted the pay decrease, while manager Daniel Stendel agreed to work for free during the period.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

How did you feel personally about winning in this Way? Just trying to get a sense of perspective should PPG happen here.

Not a fan to be honest. I think other than playing games its the fairest way to do it given the points gap but I think their was still a title to be 'won' up there. The gap is much bigger in the prem and the title was won months ago if everyones honest. 

No doubt Celtic deserve it and of course would have gone and won it anyway but I wasn't even tempted to have a celebratory drink yesterday. 

I really hope we can finish this season by playing, behind closed doors or not I'd rather us win it on the pitch. I've said since this all began that I don't like the idea of the games not being completed and us being awarded champions. I'm also terrified of finding out via some twat on the radio/news that we are champions. 

Its a unique time of course so you just have to handle it how it comes but from a purely football mindset, its an absolute cunt. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Not a fan to be honest. I think other than playing games its the fairest way to do it given the points gap but I think their was still a title to be 'won' up there. The gap is much bigger in the prem and the title was won months ago if everyones honest. 

No doubt Celtic deserve it and of course would have gone and won it anyway but I wasn't even tempted to have a celebratory drink yesterday. 

I really hope we can finish this season by playing, behind closed doors or not I'd rather us win it on the pitch. I've said since this all began that I don't like the idea of the games not being completed and us being awarded champions. I'm also terrified of finding out via some twat on the radio/news that we are champions. 

Its a unique time of course so you just have to handle it how it comes but from a purely football mindset, its an absolute cunt. 

Sounds much like I imagined although you'd have to take PPG if null and void was the other oiption.