You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pinched Nerve in Shoulder

Le Duan

Fucking he’ll - this is agony. Had it for 2 weeks now. Like a zombie - very little sleep - can’t find a comfortable position to sit or lie in. It’s been like bad toothache for 2 weeks solid. No respite. Any fellow sufferers that have had success relieving pain and fixing it? All advice and tips gratefully received. Thank you

Guest Pistonbroke

Could be down to all sorts. I had two operations on my shoulder last year where they widened the canal in the smaller joint as it was trapping nerves/tendons etc. Mine was due to Rheumatoid Arthritis setting in and doing way too much training back in the day. The operations haven't really been a great success, I have less pain than before but also less movement. Had 36 normal physio appointments after said operations but they didn't help a great deal either. I'm now seeing a special physio therapist in our main hospital who is trying to work his magic, painful as fuck but he has already made more headway than the others. Early days, so fingers crossed. You should definitely speak to an orthopaedic doctor and have MRI scans to assess things. Shoulders are complicated to fuck. 

35 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Just going out on a whim here but seeing a GP might be an idea. 

Tried it - Got the old “Doctor’s busy - if it really must be today - a nurse practitioner will see you” in thee 2 minutes, no physical examination - voltarol gel prescribed and put on a 3 month waiting list for physio. NHS is on its arse - to quote Peter Kay

I had this for years had the works painkillers anti inflammatories anything that would ease it was going to a physio and having to pay nothing really worked .

Ended going to a physio recommended by Benenden ( A pay monthly type of healthcare) who put me on to a physio close to Chester an bloody miracle worker in my eyes sorted it out in about 6 weeks that was 6 yrs ago never had any trouble since touch wood .

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

Tried it - Got the old “Doctor’s busy - if it really must be today - a nurse practitioner will see you” in thee 2 minutes, no physical examination - voltarol gel prescribed and put on a 3 month waiting list for physio. NHS is on its arse - to quote Peter Kay

That's wank mate. Just by going off what you have explained it sounds like you have Shoulder Impingement syndrome. Happens a lot to people who have played overhead sport/trained with weights overhead for years on end. The pain at night time backs this up, plus I bet when you finally wake up it takes you a good while before you can do basic movements without severe pain.

Get someone to press down on the muscle part of your shoulder, it will hurt like fuck to begin with but it will get the blood circulation going better which will ease the pain and give you more movement. Another thing that helps is exercises whilst taking a warm shower. Nothing drastic, just arm behind your back and move your thumb up your back slowly for as far as you can. Those Hedgehog balls are also good for massaging the area and getting the blood circulation going. 

10 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

They usually have booklets for this kind of thing so you can manage the exercises at home. 

Might be worth popping down to your local physio department and asking if there's any booklets for pinched nerves. 

13 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

Maybe you need to pretend you have TB and cough like your arse is falling out. Apparently it works.

Guest Pistonbroke

Book a cheap weekend to Germany/Holland and go to the hospital on your medical insurance screaming of pain. Tell them you tripped over a pavement. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I've heard measles are doing the rounds again in the UK. Just put some red dots on your neck/face and they'll flap like fuck. When they are checking up on you say 'By the way..'

I had a  pain in me neck and shoulder for ages , couldn't do fuck all , play  golf or anything . My cure came via a new pillow , a water pillow in fact . 

mediflow it's called , had it over ten years and sleeping without even for a few days on holiday or such like and i'm fucked all over again . Ace pillow,get one