You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Buffet Tribute Thread

Section_31

Guest Pistonbroke

I made a normal quiche last weekend. I also made one with Broccoli, Kidney Beans and Ricotta instead of Cheddar, that went down better than the original Quiche with bacon, Red Onions and Cheddar. 

Guest Pistonbroke
25 minutes ago, Champ said:

A table of brown food. Er, no thanks

A well thought out Buffet can produce a kaleidoscope of colours. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Champ's definitely making the potato salad wrong

Devilled eggs....Quiche.....Coronation Chicken Scones...Various Salmon recipes....Same for Tomatoes....the list of colours is never ending. 

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

How fat do you think you could get if you ate buffets every day for a year?

I reckon during a standard buffet you eat at least 700% more food than you normally would.

It remains my ambition in life to be taken to the toilet by the fire brigade. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

I made a normal quiche last weekend. I also made one with Broccoli, Kidney Beans and Ricotta instead of Cheddar, that went down better than the original Quiche with bacon, Red Onions and Cheddar. 

Need some desserts, too. Black Forest gateau, cheesecake, mini chocolate eclairs and fruit flan made with a sponge base, tinned peach slices and Quick Jel.

We have one of the biggest buffet rooms in Europe in Watford.

You get a hour and fourty five mins to grab what you like. 

Its not bad, but the old chinese one was better imo. 

Its pretty good one the whole though and we had a great xmas work night out a couple of years back. The site we worked on paid and put money behind the bar in rileys as we were playing pool first and then another couple of hundred in global which went a long way between 8. Especially when the idiots either put the drinks on another tab or forgot to add them. Went up at the last minute ordered 3 bottles of red wine, stuck them in my jacket and took them home

Guest Pistonbroke
17 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Need some desserts, too. Black Forest gateau, cheesecake, mini chocolate eclairs and fruit flan made with a sponge base, tinned peache slices and Quick Jel.

Individual cheesecake with different toppings. Those profiteroles. Apple strüdel. Mini Donuts. 

Not sure about seafood on a buffet, partly because I don't like it but also as it's the very definition of non finger food. You can have 19 different types of piss on peanuts and they're still fine to eat, leave those prawns out to lomg though and you're in a world of hurt. 

Buffets should be able to be enjoyed with minimum fuss and concern.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Not sure about seafood on a buffet, partly because I don't like it but also as it's the very definition of non finger food. You can have 19 different types of piss on peanuts and they're still fine to eat, leave those prawns out to lomg though and you're in a world of hurt. 

Buffets should be able to be enjoyed with minimum fuss and concern.

Harsh on people with no fingers. 

Guest Pistonbroke
19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Harsh on people with no fingers. 

What about people with short arms? I bet Pickford can often be seen leaving the Buffet with an empty plate and a sad look on his face.