You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Liverpool refute Duncan claims

TLW

6 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

He's going to be behind Patrick Cutrone now as well. 

I've never heard of the cunt and I suspect Bobby Duncan hasn't either. I will be the happier of the two in my ignorance.

On 06/01/2020 at 14:54, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

On the patience note, Klopp said yesterday Jones would be a Liverpool player 100%, “unless something strange happened”. No doubt injuries would be one of the potential things he meant, could another be losing patience, and a little nod to Duncan?

No sleight at Curtis Jones there, know nothing about him or his attitude. But he was very open in his BBC interview about being desperate to play and didn't quite sing from the usual hymn sheet.

It just made me think what a job it must be in itself to convince super talented young players ready for first team football somewhere to keep plugging away and waiting for their chance when they’re champing at the bit.

Re: the post match interview. He's only a kid and will have had none of (or little) media training I'm guessing so just answered the questions honestly. As you say, it wasn't the usual bland platitudes. He certainly thinks a lot of himself! Would be great to have another wonderkid like. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Re: the post match interview. He's only a kid and will have had none of (or little) media training I'm guessing so just answered the questions honestly. As you say, it wasn't the usual bland platitudes. He certainly thinks a lot of himself! Would be great to have another wonderkid like. 

Definitely mate. 

On 06/01/2020 at 14:55, Lee909 said:

I'm hoping that the club uses Gerrard to help blood some of these kids. A year in Scotland would help alot of these kids even if it would kill Bjornebye 

The european experience would be invaluable but playing against rag arse rovers most weeks would be a hindrance. That is a bit of a dilemma for the club and potential loanees.

20 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Did you see Ryan Kent behaving like an absolute gobshite last week? I'd rather our players were kept out of that environment, personally...

NINTCHDBPICT000550499442.jpg?resize=622,

Bit stupid for a player from either side to be making gun signs at the crowd in an Old Firm derby.

Almost as bad as wearing socks over his knees.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Bit stupid for a player from either side to be making gun signs at the crowd in an Old Firm derby.

Almost as bad as wearing socks over his knees.

Socks over the knees should be a bookable offence - one in each half. 

Come out for kick off with socks over knees - booking

Come our second half with socks over knees - sending off

Ever do it again - banned from wearing socks for 3 games and forced to wear shinnies on their own like when you forgot your socks for footy at school.

• Upvote 4

Well,well, well,no surprise here. The lad's a complete dick. He has all the makings of the 2nd Ravel Morrison.

Bobby Duncan has ditched the agent who helped force his move out of Liverpool last year.

Duncan courted controversy in August when his desire to leave the Reds was made public in an incendiary social media post from then agent Saif Rubie.

Rubie took a swipe at Liverpool sporting director Michael Edwards and claimed the player had "suffered some deep mental health issues with all the stress the club has put him under" after the Reds turned down an initial approach from Fiorentina.

Liverpool, who strongly denied the allegations, ultimately reached an agreement with the Italian side a few days later for a £1.8million fee with a 20% sell-on clause included in the terms.

But now 18-year-old Duncan, who has changed agents several times already during his fledgling career, has announced he will be represented by German SportsTotal agency.

Duncan will be represented by the firm’s CEO Sascha Breese, who can count Real Madrid's Toni Kroos among his personal clients.

The forward has yet to make an appearance for the Fiorentina first team but has scored four times in nine appearances for their under-19 side, although his last goal came in October. He is now expected to pursue a loan move this month in order to gain senior experience elsewhere.

Rubie, meanwhile, is currently serving a five-week ban imposed by the Football Association after being found guilty of historic improper use of social media.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bobby-duncan-splits-controversial-agent-17537046

Fiorentina just saw what was happening in Germany and fancied the idea of flipping him for a few quid. They'd never lose money on him and if it worked they'd see millions in profit. 

The agent saw the chance to get a slice of the fee, move him on and then move him again a year later. 

The lads been badly advised but seems he's getting bad advice from home, agents the lot. 

Guest Francie Brady
On 06/01/2020 at 14:55, Lee909 said:

I'm hoping that the club uses Gerrard to help blood some of these kids. A year in Scotland would help alot of these kids even if it would kill Bjornebye 

Going on Carra podcast with Stevie it seems like there is a very good relationship between him and Klopp (getting advise and sharing the reasoning behind tactical decisions)  so wouldn’t be surprised if a few of the kids ended up there.