You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League - 2019/20

Oh Buoy

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I'd like to think that the Napoli players were all sat in a huddle and a collective 'oh for fuck's sake' was uttered when the draw was made.

I remember the Napoli manager or chairman kicking off last year about the fact that we were in pot 3, making their job that much more difficult, a prediction that came true. 

I imagine they are slightly happier this year seeing as they only have to compete with Genk and Salzburg for qualification rather than PSG. 

Should be nice for Mane and Keita to return to Salzburg anyway. 

1 minute ago, Aventus said:

I remember the Napoli manager or chairman kicking off last year about the fact that we were in pot 3, making their job that much more difficult, a prediction that came true. 

I imagine they are slightly happier this year seeing as they only have to compete with Genk and Salzburg for qualification rather than PSG. 

Should be nice for Mane and Keita to return to Salzburg anyway. 

Keita might play well 

I was thinking last night about how Trent will probably never get another chance to do that again. Then wondered if it'll be repeated by anyone anywhere. Hard to know if any team would be as switched off as Barcelona were, having seen the outcome of it.

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

The main reason I wanted City to get a difficult draw was because they would have to play full strength teams in all games. Now they can effectively play their reserves.

Which one of their full strength teams would you have liked them to play ?

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

o8Bally

Player Valuation: £30m
Victimpool been drawn to play against all the part timers yet?

Otherwise being studiously ignored.

Thought none of them was arsed about the European Carabao Cup, the boobie prize or whatever else they called it. Or was that just last year? 

1 hour ago, Doh'Nuts said:

I was thinking last night about how Trent will probably never get another chance to do that again. Then wondered if it'll be repeated by anyone anywhere. Hard to know if any team would be as switched off as Barcelona were, having seen the outcome of it.

One of them innit

Champions League fixtures

Tuesday September 17 - Napoli v Liverpool (8pm UK time)
Wednesday October 2 - Liverpool v Salzburg (8pm UK time)
Wednesday October 23 - Genk v Liverpool (8pm UK time)
Tuesday November 5 - Liverpool v Genk (8pm UK time)
Wednesday November 27 - Liverpool v Napoli (8pm UK time)
Tuesday December 10 - Salzburg v Liverpool (5.55pm UK time)

Had a quick look at our updated fixture list for any tricky runs. 

4 away games in a row in September. 

Napoli

Chelsea

MK dons

Sheffield United

October, Genk away sandwiched between United away and Tottenham at home. 

November, Genk at home on the Tuesday before the Saturday Man City game, they have Atalanta away on the Wednesday, so the extra days rest and no travelling is a bonus.