Quantcast
Life after Jürgen - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
foam

Life after Jürgen

With Klopp saying that he'll likely take a year to himself after 2022, what's the next chapter for LFC? 

We've been stung in the past with managers coming in and flipping everything whilst we embrace a 'transition' so perhaps it'd be nice to have a bit of a plan instead.

What would you like to see in the next 2 years and who would you see as the perfect replacement? 

• Downvote 1

By 2022 a transition will be inevitable either way as key members of the squad will be around 30 and it will be the perfect time to move some of them on or some of them will probably want a different challenge at that point.

If Klopp goes, the replacement will have to be someone with a clear philosophy at the very least. And then preferably that person would have a legitimate pedigree, but that's not as important as someone who has tangible ideas because if they don't that's when the player recruitment side becomes wonky and you get squads that make no sense. Klopp was the best of both worlds in that sense and it will be difficult to find that. 

1 hour ago, Fallen Angel said:

No shouts for Stevie G then???....just asking....

This would be a nightmare I think. Could see it happening easily but he needs to prove himself in a tough league before that happens. 

Could send us back years like Souness. 

I don't know how klopp is going to persuade players to sign for him next year if he's clearly off also. Makes this summers FSG budget even more frustrating 

Caretaker appointment. He may be ready for another stint like King Kenny was. That's why we should have given it Evans with the possibility of an extension. I think he would have taken that at the time.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

This would be a nightmare I think. Could see it happening easily but he needs to prove himself in a tough league before that happens. 

Could send us back years like Souness. 

I don't know how klopp is going to persuade players to sign for him next year if he's clearly off also. Makes this summers FSG budget even more frustrating 

Fuck, never even thought of that.  

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

This is a valid point. I doubt it will have much impact for the next 2 windows though. I think 2 years of Klopp is reasonably reassuring, players don't think much further ahead than that I reckon. Everything is transient in football after all.

On their current trajectory it will be the Cowley brothers dream team! On a separate note my brother used to play in the same Cubs football team as them. 

25 minutes ago, Wezza said:

On their current trajectory it will be the Cowley brothers dream team! On a separate note my brother used to play in the same Cubs football team as them. 

Cowley brothers?

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Last thing I’m going to spend any of the next couple of seasons thinking about.

Bet you do !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• I imagine we'll see Mourinho at Madrid and Zindane at the red mancs before next season. 
    • Really like Chris Pajak. Love his work on Redmen and he speaks with an eloquence and passion that is very relatable and engaging.   
    • That's a fair point and I acknowledged it when I said he's been thrown in at the deep end.  
    • It’s the double standards of how they’re applying it. On a goal everything gets checked - offside, handball, any foul in the build up. On a penalty it has to be a clear and obvious error. It’s bollocks. Either apply it evenly or jib it. I’m in favour of jibbing it.
    • https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49760230   Peter Beardsley: Former Newcastle United coach suspended from football   Former Newcastle United forward Peter Beardsley has been suspended from all football-related activity for 32 weeks for making racist comments to players. Ex-England man Beardsley called one black player "a monkey" while Newcastle's Under-23s coach and joked about climbing trees, an independent Football Association panel said. It added his remarks "were obviously racist and wholly unacceptable". Beardsley said he was "surprised and disappointed" by the panel's findings. He was charged by the Football Association with three counts of using racist language to players in March and had "categorically denied" the claims. He left Newcastle after a 14-month club investigation earlier this year. The FA panel said in its written reasons: "Even if he did not intend to do so, he plainly did cause offence." Beardsley, who was capped 59 times by England, has been ordered to complete a face-to-face education course. However, the panel said it did not believe Beardsley was racist. "We are satisfied that Mr Beardsley is not a racist in the sense of being ill-disposed to persons on grounds of their race or ethnicity," it said. "He is now 58 years of age. It is also relevant that he has not had the benefit of training and education about offensive racist remarks and the importance of not making them." One of the witnesses to the "monkey" comment" said: "I don't think Peter meant it as racist, but it came out looking bad as he is a black player." The panel did, though, say it had "serious reservations about Mr Beardsley's credibility". One of the aggravating factors in deciding its punishment was that Beardsley had contended that "three of the black players had made up the allegations motivated by financial greed, for which he did not have a shred of evidence". As a player, Newcastle-born Beardsley enjoyed two spells at his hometown club, making more than 300 appearances, and also played for Liverpool, Everton, Manchester City, Fulham, Bolton, Hartlepool, Doncaster, Carlisle and Vancouver Whitecaps. What were the charges against Beardsley? All three charges were proven by the panel, which found: Beardsley said: "You should be used to that" to one or more black players of African origin at a team-building event at Go Ape He questioned the legitimacy of the age of black players - "a negative stereotype that players of black African origin commit fraud as to their true age", the FA panel said, and He called a player of black African origin a monkey during a game of head tennis. Beardsley questions findings and vows to return A statement from Beardsley's solicitors released shortly after the verdict was made public said: "Peter Beardsley is very surprised and disappointed by the decision of the Regulatory Commission. "It was almost impossible for Peter to clear his name because of the serious flaws and contamination of evidence that occurred in the disciplinary process before Newcastle United and by the unusual fact that the FA Rules put the burden of proof on him to prove his innocence in the proceedings. "After a long process which has been unnecessarily protracted, Peter feels vindicated that the Commission has expressly found that he is not a racist." It added he had been "inundated with support" from "fellow professionals of the highest repute including John Barnes, Kevin Keegan, Les Ferdinand and Andrew Cole, as well as other football professionals including managers, coaches, players, and football fans, all of which provided unchallenged evidence to the Commission as to Peter's good character, the fact that he is not a racist and whatever was said, there was no intent to cause offence".   --------------------------------------------   I'm struggling to see why the F.A think he's not a racist when they have found him guilty of making the racist comments he made. They'll never stamp racism out of the game with that attitude. 
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors