You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Life after Jürgen

Oh Buoy

10 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Based on what?? Linders has been an integral part of Champions League success,  to multiple finals in addintion and been in clubs that have won their league as well as been constantly in the CL.

Pochettino has never won anything. Literally. If there was ever someone who shouldn't get the gig it is him. Poundland Pep. Both are the antithesis of the club.

The third best manager in the best league in the world.

It’s 3 years time and who knows how Klopp’s going to be feeling then. Much better to just enjoy the moment we’re in.

That being said I do agree a bit with what The Guest said earlier about it being harder to identify managers in this age of hegemony. There’s just so little chance of up and coming managers at medium to big clubs to prove they’ve got what it takes to win stuff.

We got lucky with Klopp being available and proven, experienced, playing an exciting brand of football. There’s probably only him and Guardiola you could say that about. Maybe in a few years there’ll be one or two other options available.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Based on what?? Linders has been an integral part of Champions League success,  to multiple finals in addintion and been in clubs that have won their league as well as been constantly in the CL.

Pochettino has never won anything. Literally. If there was ever someone who shouldn't get the gig it is him. Poundland Pep. Both are the antithesis of the club.

Absurd post.

It’s honestly baffling that there are genuine fans out there who would consider Mourinho.  I couldn’t give a flying fuck what he’s won previously.  Anyone with a pair of eyes should be able to see he’s done.  There’s plenty of managers like him who’ve picked the right jobs at the right times where they get all the money and win trophies by default because other team couldn’t compete financially or were going through a transition.

It’s very similar to how Aldridge was saying he wanted Ancelotti over Klopp when Rodgers was sacked and it was down to the trophies he’d won.  You should be able to see past that stuff but some people just can’t.  They’d have signed Sanchez over Salah or Mkhitaryan over Mane.  It’s not all black and white statistics in football and it never has been but plenty try and turn it that way.  The European Cup is a monkey off Klopp’s back but he was saying it himself before he won it.  Success for him wouldn’t have just meant trophies because football has become a closed shop for almost everyone.  Us winning the European Cup in this era is the clubs greatest ever achievement because it was basically impossible.

Aside from being a busted flush, Mourinho is the smallest, snidest, most risible bellend football has produced in its entire history.

He’s so many light years away from fitting LFC as a man the Millennium Falcon couldn’t close the gap in a single lifetime, even if it received a turbo-boost every time he said something hair-singingly tiny.

Suggestions of that malignant pygmy ever managing us were bad enough, but at this point they venture far beyond Tony Hayers’ reaction to “Monkey tennis?” into going postal at a cat sanctuary with a pickaxe handle territory.

I’m going to say no to that one.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Boss said:

Happy for Linders or Wagner to take over to give Klopp a break. If he walks away for good Pochettino should get the job.

Both Ljinders and Wagner have 'failed' in managerial roles. I believe Ljinders forte is coaching on the training ground rather than management. Wagner did better at Huddersfield on a shoe string budget but did not show anything that leads me to believe he's a great manager in waiting.

Steven Gerrard can do no wrong in my eyes and I feel a little about him becoming manager the same as I did when the King stepped up. I feared it would ruin his legacy.

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Both Ljinders and Wagner have 'failed' in managerial roles. I believe Ljinders forte is coaching on the training ground rather than management. Wagner did better at Huddersfield on a shoe string budget but did not show anything that leads me to believe he's a great manager in waiting.

Steven Gerrard can do no wrong in my eyes and I feel a little about him becoming manager the same as I did when the King stepped up. I feared it would ruin his legacy.

Yeah, they aren't qualified to take the job full time, but if Klopp wants a break from management for a year I think we'll be fine with Lijnders to take over for that season. Lijnders might be the real deal. We don't really know. We gave the job to Shankly's physio and he became the greatest manager we ever had. If we lose someone as important as Klopp, Lijnders might be the best possible replacement to keep continuity and squad harmony.

Gerrard is not ready, and even if he wins 3 titles in a row for Rangers, he still wont be ready. He needs to prove himself in the Premier League first. 

Wagner would have to do something really special at Schalke to be considered. He doesn't have the body of work otherwise. As for Ljinders, there's nothing to base this on but he seems more like a coach. I doubt we'd trust him enough to be manager.

If Nagelsmann contends for the title at Leipzig after taking a small club like Hoffenheim to the Champions League, he'd have to be the major candidate, I would think.

On 15/04/2015 at 20:11, Tony Moanero said:

I'd choose Rafa over Klopp.

On 31/05/2015 at 17:50, Tony Moanero said:

I'm sick of hearing about Klopp.

His hair is fucking shit, as well.

On 14/06/2015 at 14:52, Tony Moanero said:

Fuck Klopp.

On 06/10/2015 at 19:17, Tony Moanero said:

I'm not at all excited by the prospect of Jurgen Klopp being appointed Liverpool manager.

This is the level of imbecile we have following the club.

• Downvote 2

Yeah, probably would need to get them into the CL but he rebuilt Huddersfield from the ground up and achieved more than Pochettino had with Espanyol. They have probably gotten better in the years since Poch left -- Huddersfield are dead last in the Championship.

The hamster only had one season where he won more than he lost before joining Spurs.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Yeah, they aren't qualified to take the job full time, but if Klopp wants a break from management for a year I think we'll be fine with Lijnders to take over for that season. Lijnders might be the real deal. We don't really know. We gave the job to Shankly's physio and he became the greatest manager we ever had. If we lose someone as important as Klopp, Lijnders might be the best possible replacement to keep continuity and squad harmony.

Gerrard is not ready, and even if he wins 3 titles in a row for Rangers, he still wont be ready. He needs to prove himself in the Premier League first. 

Yes, fair comment.