You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Life after Jürgen

Oh Buoy

With Klopp saying that he'll likely take a year to himself after 2022, what's the next chapter for LFC? 

We've been stung in the past with managers coming in and flipping everything whilst we embrace a 'transition' so perhaps it'd be nice to have a bit of a plan instead.

What would you like to see in the next 2 years and who would you see as the perfect replacement? 

• Downvote 1

By 2022 a transition will be inevitable either way as key members of the squad will be around 30 and it will be the perfect time to move some of them on or some of them will probably want a different challenge at that point.

If Klopp goes, the replacement will have to be someone with a clear philosophy at the very least. And then preferably that person would have a legitimate pedigree, but that's not as important as someone who has tangible ideas because if they don't that's when the player recruitment side becomes wonky and you get squads that make no sense. Klopp was the best of both worlds in that sense and it will be difficult to find that. 

1 hour ago, Fallen Angel said:

No shouts for Stevie G then???....just asking....

This would be a nightmare I think. Could see it happening easily but he needs to prove himself in a tough league before that happens. 

Could send us back years like Souness. 

I don't know how klopp is going to persuade players to sign for him next year if he's clearly off also. Makes this summers FSG budget even more frustrating 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

This would be a nightmare I think. Could see it happening easily but he needs to prove himself in a tough league before that happens. 

Could send us back years like Souness. 

I don't know how klopp is going to persuade players to sign for him next year if he's clearly off also. Makes this summers FSG budget even more frustrating 

Fuck, never even thought of that.  

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

This is a valid point. I doubt it will have much impact for the next 2 windows though. I think 2 years of Klopp is reasonably reassuring, players don't think much further ahead than that I reckon. Everything is transient in football after all.