Quantcast
Foo Fighters - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Foo Fighters

25 songs? Should be at least 7 less. 

Drum solo, Sunday Rain, La Dee Dah, These Days, the medley, Under Pressure, Wheels & Rick Astley add nothing. 

I’m definitely of the opinion less is more. 

D1F8A690-8900-4909-9BDF-B63B736EA518.png

EAED5366-20DD-4B60-A6A5-FCCD4E7C8F98.png

This was the best live set I've seen on television in a long, long time. What a force of nature he is. I absolutely lost my shit during Hey, Johnny Park! 

"NOW THAT I'VE FOUND MY REEE-WARD..."

Ace.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Cracking singles band but their albums are patchy as fuck. Much like RHCP in that respect.

Really like Wasting Light though.

Not sure you can say that about the first three albums. After that, you can make the argument.

16 hours ago, Pidge said:

Second best band pretty much every member has been in.

Missed this earlier. About 3rd or 4th in Grohls case.

I’m sure I’m across as a FF hater here but I’m not. I do like them, they have some great songs but they are a rock band for people who don’t like rock music. They do put on a good show but they’ve got miles away from what I liked about them in the 1st place, and in my opinion, not for the better.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Missed this earlier. About 3rd or 4th in Grohls case.

I’m sure I’m across as a FF hater here but I’m not. I do like them, they have some great songs but they are a rock band for people who don’t like rock music. They do put on a good show but they’ve got miles away from what I liked about them in the 1st place, and in my opinion, not for the better.

I get that, but I only like rock music and I love the Foo Fighters.

I love Foo Fighters but went to see them in London last year. I was looking at my watch 3 songs in. It was just a load of extended jams.  They essentially played a festival set for their own fans. No deep cuts at all and then they play Hey, Johnny Park! at fucking Reading!!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Cracking singles band but their albums are patchy as fuck. Much like RHCP in that respect.

Really like Wasting Light though.

Have to disagree on RHCP mate. Most of their albums are solid. One Hot Minute was very weak, and I havent listened to the two they've had since Stadium Arcadium.

BSSM is a classic start to finish IMO though.

I love the first 2 albums.  Those gigs in small venues in the mid 90s were perfect.  Shit beer, being hungover at school - the perfect education.

I struggle with the rest of the albums that followed - I like Best of You, but that's about it.