You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Foo Fighters

Bjornebye

46 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Cracking singles band but their albums are patchy as fuck. Much like RHCP in that respect.

Really like Wasting Light though.

Not sure you can say that about the first three albums. After that, you can make the argument.

16 hours ago, Pidge said:

Second best band pretty much every member has been in.

Missed this earlier. About 3rd or 4th in Grohls case.

I’m sure I’m across as a FF hater here but I’m not. I do like them, they have some great songs but they are a rock band for people who don’t like rock music. They do put on a good show but they’ve got miles away from what I liked about them in the 1st place, and in my opinion, not for the better.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Missed this earlier. About 3rd or 4th in Grohls case.

I’m sure I’m across as a FF hater here but I’m not. I do like them, they have some great songs but they are a rock band for people who don’t like rock music. They do put on a good show but they’ve got miles away from what I liked about them in the 1st place, and in my opinion, not for the better.

I get that, but I only like rock music and I love the Foo Fighters.

• Like 1

I love Foo Fighters but went to see them in London last year. I was looking at my watch 3 songs in. It was just a load of extended jams.  They essentially played a festival set for their own fans. No deep cuts at all and then they play Hey, Johnny Park! at fucking Reading!!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Cracking singles band but their albums are patchy as fuck. Much like RHCP in that respect.

Really like Wasting Light though.

Have to disagree on RHCP mate. Most of their albums are solid. One Hot Minute was very weak, and I havent listened to the two they've had since Stadium Arcadium.

BSSM is a classic start to finish IMO though.

• 2 years later...

Gutted. I love the Foos, they were a formative part of my growing up. Taylor has clearly battled with his demons but has always come across as a good guy as well as a brilliantly talented drummer. Absolutely gutted.

He almost died before of a heroine overdose. I’m guessing it’s a second serve that landed in.

Dave will be devastated to see it happen a second time.

I'm gutted to find this out too. Haven't listened to the band much in years and preferred early Foos stuff more, but it's still a big shock to know that Taylor is dead and sad to think that Dave has to deal with the death of another band member after what he's already gone through in the past.

Depressing the more I think of it anyway. Always thought of him as a really youthful and energetic guy, not someone anywhere near dying.