You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Foo Fighters

Bjornebye

The best band on the planet are live on BBC Iplayer at Reading right now. 

They also have Liam and Noel's faces on the front of the drums. I assume Juniper had something to do with that. 

Mook is in the Jazz tent chatting Mice deaths. 

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

Are you staging a one man competition to start a thread about the shittest possible band?

Do a Pigeon Detectives one & another mouse gets it. I'm not fucking about.

He's definitely winning.

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

When's the 1975 thread?

When is their set being played at Reading? I think the thread will probably start at about the same time.

The Foo Fighters are good, great run of albums to start, then a good singles band, no idea what they've released recently.  Sure it doesn't come close to their first 3.

Second best band pretty much every member has been in though.

Everlong's always going to be a tune though.  And watching Pat Smear boogie away behind a guitar never gets old (much like the man himself), wish they'd throw a Lexicon Devil cover in there somewhere though.

9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

The Foo Fighters are good, great run of albums to start, then a good singles band, no idea what they've released recently.  Sure it doesn't come close to their first 3.

Second best band pretty much every member has been in though.

Everlong's always going to be a tune though.  And watching Pat Smear boogie away behind a guitar never gets old (much like the man himself), wish they'd throw a Lexicon Devil cover in there somewhere though.

Agree with pretty much that. I don't mind them, they have some great songs but couldn't tell you anything they have done in recent years.

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Opened up the reading link and clicked back to see how they started, landed on the Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes set.  What happens when an actual frontman plays at Reading (not a dig at Grohl).

He's fucking ace is Frank.

Watch the full set mate. I know you're bald and cornish but you like your music. Ive seen these about 7 times and they are unreal. Watching this tonight has taken me back to gigs from years ago. (Yes John Turdhole  I did shed a tear)

Great band. Up there with the best live. 

• Upvote 2

Their debut and The Colour, The Shape are quality.

Every FF album since...

* Banging lead single

* Grohl says it’s the heaviest album they’ve ever done and compares a random album track to something off Kill ‘Em All.

* 2nd single isn’t as good as the lead single but it’s still pretty good.

* Album is released. There are 4 good rockers, 2 of which you’ve already heard, and the rest is absolute middle of the road filler. 

* The song Grohl said sounds like Kill ‘Em All sounds absolutely nothing like it & is pretty shite.

* They’ll play great live, the majority of bangers will be played, unfortunately they’ll now play for the best part of 3 hours and litter the set with boring songs. 

If I’d have gone this year, I would have gone to see the FF’s and I know I’ll probably enjoy most of it & I’ll probably check it out on the iPlayer later, but as Pidge has mentioned, now purely a good singles band. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Pidge said:

Opened up the reading link and clicked back to see how they started, landed on the Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes set.  What happens when an actual frontman plays at Reading (not a dig at Grohl).

He's fucking ace is Frank.

Not overly keen on the new album. Bit introspective and tame for my liking. Modern Ruin was quality though. 

I was never really a fan of Gallows. I didn’t like their debut and never listened to Grey Britain. I’ve downloaded them both recently and they are both quality, Grey Britain is especially excellent.

I really like their stuff with MacNeil as well, despite being a completely different sounding band now, it’s probably because they now sound like Alexisonfire MK2.

Don’t mention Pure Love though. Ewwww.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

They annoy me the way they drag out each song with a long convoluted ending. Just play the song and then play the next one.

I agree. They are verging into G’N’R over the top stuff with their live performances.

Drop the solos, drop the majority of covers, drop the band introductions, keep it tight to <2hrs, drop the fillers, keep the bangers.

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Not overly keen on the new album. Bit introspective and tame for my liking. Modern Ruin was quality though. 

I was never really a fan of Gallows. I didn’t like their debut and never listened to Grey Britain. I’ve downloaded them both recently and they are both quality, Grey Britain is especially excellent.

I really like their stuff with MacNeil as well, despite being a completely different sounding band now, it’s probably because they now sound like Alexisonfire MK2.

Don’t mention Pure Love though. Ewwww. 

Not mad about any of his recorded stuff really, I like it but it's not what I'd choose to listen to.  But live... he's just the best.  Went to Gallows at Exeter Lemon Grove years back (just before the Ruts cover) and the whole place just blew up, still one of the most intense gigs I've been to.  Every time I see one of his bands, including Pure Love (who I saw twice), he's had everyone in the palm of his hand.  Nice fella too.

Along with Ginger from the Wildhearts he's one of those frontmen that people should just go and see, regardless of how well they know the stuff.  Must be something in the hair colour.

Saw the MacNeil era Gallows at Slam Dunk and yeah, they were ace too.  Glad they've made it work.