You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Squad players will get their opportunity 

TLW

Jurgen Klopp has given hope to the likes of Xherdan Shaqiri and Adam Lallana as the club braces itself for a heavy schedule of games in the next month.

With the return of the Champions League as well as the League Cup, squad rotation will be required so that players stay fresh.

Speaking ahead of the fixture against Arsenal on Saturday evening, Klopp said those on the periphery will get their chance.

Liverpool Echo reported Klopp as saying:

“Every year is the same and always in the same moment at the beginning of the season.

“You want to have that, and if you don't have it then you have injuries from pre-season and that's the last thing you want.

“ Still, I would say in this moment, Shaq didn't play enough, he is in a really good shape. 

“Adam didn't play enough, in a really good shape. Dejan didn't play enough, in a really good shape.

“These are completely normal things. Some others might also say that they don't play enough.

“But we have to prepare for a season. 

“At the start of the season without intensity, you try to get rhythm, you try to get stability at the beginning. It's not a moment where you change too many things.

“Then it will happen automatically and in the next (few) weeks you have to (change things) and everything will be fine then.

61617127-jurgen-klopp.jpg

Klopp said he was happy to give his stars a couple of days off during the week after a busier than normal workload to start the season which has included the Community Shield and the Super Cup.

“ I was really happy for the boys to give them the two days off. 

“We didn't plan it, but it's easier when you win so we didn't tell them beforehand.

“Somebody needs to remind me that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a day off!

“I had Sunday off, Monday I was working. Sunday I watched football, the Chelsea v Leicester game. That was nice.”

Klopp is not putting too much emphasis on a clash against a top six opponent as he rightly says that every game is important if you want to have ultimate success come the end of the season.

“I had a couple of years ago a really good record in the mini-league then didn't pick up enough points in the other games.

“Then last year the record was not bad but was obviously for people not good enough because we drew a lot.

“ We have to get as many points as possible and we cannot decide where we get them. 

“We're Liverpool and every week we have to try to win, and that's what we will do.

“I don't think this result on Saturday will be the decisive result of the season.”

View full article