Jump to content
Paulie Dangerously

Nike deal

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

I loved this one...

 

I must have been 12, maybe.

adidas_originals_liverpool_fc_1990_retro

But to this day, this has been this is the warmest coat I ever owned...

 

cult-football-1992-93-liverpool-centenar

1989-91, that trackie top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2021 at 19:44, manwiththestick said:

What sizes do you get? I have a 12 year old son, quite small for his age and the biggest kids size they list is 28, no idea what to go for..


The 28 is roughly ‘Large Boy’s’ size in British sizing. I got that for my 17 year old, who’s also pretty short for his age. I’d say if anything, the shirt is a couple of centimetres too small but he’s happy with it and a size up, Men’s small, would probably have dwarfed him. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


The 28 is roughly ‘Large Boy’s’ size in British sizing. I got that for my 17 year old, who’s also pretty short for his age. I’d say if anything, the shirt is a couple of centimetres too small but he’s happy with it and a size up, Men’s small, would probably have dwarfed him. 

Blimey! I was wearing large boy’s in primary school. At 17 and thin as a rake, I was wearing men’s XL. Everyone wore stuff baggy in those days, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

 

 

But to this day, this has been this is the warmest coat I ever owned...

 

cult-football-1992-93-liverpool-centenar

Still go the game in this on cold days! Gets fucking freezing in the upper SKD when there's a wind blowing!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife, who it appears despite evidence, does listen to my rants and foibles got me an amazing Father’s Day gift.

 

Turns out her hairdresser, a great guy, is best mates with a former ‘Liverpool Legend’ who is in turn mates with John Barnes, no idea how it came up in conversation, but hey ho.


Anyhows she calls in a favour and asks if he’ll pass on a shirt and try and get it signed for me from the mate of Barnes, he does…

 

7B4B0A5F-4094-4829-836C-008A0D40F412.jpeg


When I unravel this and pull apart what’s happend it’s beautiful.
 

So, who was the go between?

 

Paul Ince!

 

Her rational for him not signing it as well? 
 

She specifically told her mate he was not to touch it as, to quote ‘I know how much of a cunt you think he his’

 

I couldn’t love her more.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I used to have this sweatshirt.

 

53BE8273-61FC-41A7-BFD5-D9DC6BA82C6A.jpeg

I had this one Tone, a year later than yours I think. Looked like a tyre mark on the front, I never took it off...

 

 

1993-95-liverpool-adidas-drill-36266-1.jpeg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joeyk said:

I had this one Tone, a year later than yours I think. Looked like a tyre mark on the front, I never took it off...

 

 

1993-95-liverpool-adidas-drill-36266-1.jpeg

Yeah, 1993-94. I had the sweatshirt version of that, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trumo said:

On the offal, there is a fossil (that's the name of the stone/ecru colour Nike are using) bomber jacket that looks really nice. Can't see it on the offal, but there is a black one too. Hopefully Nike haven't done what they did last year and put a massive swoosh or YNWA on the back.

 

This?

 

F7F52831-181A-4255-A68D-5854C08B9214.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:


The 28 is roughly ‘Large Boy’s’ size in British sizing. I got that for my 17 year old, who’s also pretty short for his age. I’d say if anything, the shirt is a couple of centimetres too small but he’s happy with it and a size up, Men’s small, would probably have dwarfed him. 

Cheers,  I found a recent review of someone who ordered a 28 for his 11 year old and it was a bit snug so I ordered two kits in small mens.

 

If they're too big I can always sell them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Cheers,  I found a recent review of someone who ordered a 28 for his 11 year old and it was a bit snug so I ordered two kits in small mens.

 

If they're too big I can always sell them.


That’s bizarre. He’s not that small! Maybe they vary by seller but ‘Large boy’s’ in English sizes would normally be way too big for an 11 year old. You’d be talking like an average 14/15/16 year old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:


That’s bizarre. He’s not that small! Maybe they vary by seller but ‘Large boy’s’ in English sizes would normally be way too big for an 11 year old. You’d be talking like an average 14/15/16 year old. 

I have a 9 year old girl who is big for her age. She uses an Umbro shirt size YL (11/12 years) in her team. What shirt size would you order?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

I see the players version has pretty much sold out on the official club shop & at Nike.com. Nike are fucking amateurs.

It would be funny if it wasn't a fucking disgrace 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gumsy said:

I have a 9 year old girl who is big for her age. She uses an Umbro shirt size YL (11/12 years) in her team. What shirt size would you order?


I honestly haven’t got a clue. If you’re using DHgate then you could maybe look through the reviews of whichever seller you use and see what other people are saying. My boy hasn’t grown much since last year so I bought size 28, knowing that I bought the same then. 
 

If you’re buying from the Offal then I’d guess ‘small boy’s’ would probably be the right size for a 10/11 year old but it’s been a few years since my lad was that age so please don’t take my word as gospel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

This?

 

F7F52831-181A-4255-A68D-5854C08B9214.jpeg

 

Yup. The offal also had a pic of Robbo wearing a black one like that. Go to the online store and they aren't there though (as of last night at least).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


I honestly haven’t got a clue. If you’re using DHgate then you could maybe look through the reviews of whichever seller you use and see what other people are saying. My boy hasn’t grown much since last year so I bought size 28, knowing that I bought the same then. 
 

If you’re buying from the Offal then I’d guess ‘small boy’s’ would probably be the right size for a 10/11 year old but it’s been a few years since my lad was that age so please don’t take my word as gospel. 

I was thinking DHgate. I am a bit confused about their kids sizes from 16 to 28. And it seems like some of you on here that have ordered have various experieces with their sizing of shirts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gumsy said:

I was thinking DHgate. I am a bit confused about their kids sizes from 16 to 28. And it seems like some of you on here that have ordered have various experieces with their sizing of shirts...

The biggest kids size isn't that big. And there's a bit difference to the smallest adult shirt even if the sizes are small. Judging by the sizes you mentioned earlier I reckon the biggest kids size might be too small, but I'd be almost certain the smallest adult will be too big. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gumsy said:

I was thinking DHgate. I am a bit confused about their kids sizes from 16 to 28. And it seems like some of you on here that have ordered have various experieces with their sizing of shirts...


You can send them back if they don’t fit. If I was you I’d order a 22 & 24 from the seller that @Scott_M recommended to me. If one fits, send the other back. If they’re both too big then you’ll have a better idea of the sizing. That’d be my guess. They’re only like £10-£12 each. 
 

But yeah, it does seem like they vary from seller to seller from what @manwiththestick posted further up the page, so the reviews on the seller’s page is probably your best option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The biggest kids size isn't that big. And there's a bit difference to the smallest adult shirt even if the sizes are small. Judging by the sizes you mentioned earlier I reckon the biggest kids size might be too small, but I'd be almost certain the smallest adult will be too big. 


Nah, I ordered the biggest kids size for my lad who is 17 but not tall for his age and it fits fine. He’s obviously way bigger than an 11 year old girl’s size though, which is what Gumsy is after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have just dug out some Liverpool Rain Gear and a couple of heavy pitchside jacket/coats  from about 05-07. Do you think they would sell ok? 

 

IMG_20210709_154021.jpg

IMG_20210709_153922.jpg

IMG_20210709_154314.jpg

IMG_20210709_154427.jpg

If anybody is interested in taking these off my hands for a reasonable fee let me know. There are no sponsors on it because it is club issued kit for people under 18 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have just dug out some Liverpool Rain Gear and a couple of heavy pitchside jacket/coats  from about 05-07. Do you think they would sell ok? 

 

IMG_20210709_154021.jpg

IMG_20210709_153922.jpg

IMG_20210709_154314.jpg

IMG_20210709_154427.jpg

WTF?!? Blue?!? How dare they! Fucking blue. That’s a criminal offence!! Oh wait it’s just a fucking colour.  No need to change your whole life over it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If anybody is interested in taking these off my hands for a reasonable fee let me know. There are no sponsors on it because it is club issued kit for people under 18 years old.

 

Stick them on eBay you'll have people biting you hand off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×