Quantcast
Nike deal - Page 92 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paulie Dangerously

Nike deal

On 21/06/2021 at 11:07, Pete said:

I saw the new home kit on Friday in a sports store. Whilst it doesn't look as bad as I thought there's no way I'd pay the asking price for it.  I feel sorry for all the parents out there that have to fork out for a new kit every year. Especially if they are buying for more than one child. 

It'd be nice if the club could maybe change one kit per season or even have a period where they keep the kits the same for at least 3 seasons, but I guess they'd lose money

Parents are allowed to say no, aren’t they ? 

• Upvote 1

I haven’t had a football shirt since I was about eight years old but I ordered the yellow one with the pinstripes from DHgate ages ago, without realising that it was a concept design. Today I took delivery of the actual design. I suppose it will make a decent pyjama top. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I haven’t had a football shirt since I was about eight years old but I ordered the yellow one with the pinstripes from DHgate ages ago, without realising that it was a concept design. Today I took delivery of the actual design. I suppose it will make a decent pyjama top. 

Haha. Reminds me of the time, seven or eight years ago, someone posted saying they were made up with their new Liverpool third shirt, then posted a couple of days later and said it was akin to wearing a bin bag.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Do you have a picture? I ordered one too even though I knew it wasn't a legit design. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. My intention was only ever to ear around the house. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Do you have a picture? I ordered one too even though I knew it wasn't a legit design. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. My intention was only ever to ear around the house. 

Crossed wires here. They’ve sent the ‘actual’ third shirt, not the blag design I was hoping for when I ordered it. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Crossed wires here. They’ve sent the ‘actual’ third shirt, not the blag design I was hoping for when I ordered it. 

Oh shit. I was also hoping for the blag design . That's a shame. 

Ordered that Nike training shirt off DHgate.  Just got a letter off fucking border force saying they have seized it and it will be destroyed. Top work in the fight against crime there, Border Force.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I ordered a 3xl of the pinned stripped concept shirt that was knocking around and got a 2xl of the legit style fake. 

IMG_20210625_171640.jpg

Quite like that. 
I assume if I want a medium I should order XL?

50 minutes ago, Pete said:

Quite like that. 
I assume if I want a medium I should order XL?

In my experience, I always go a size bigger with dhgate shirts. 

2 minutes ago, Baresi said:

In my experience, I always go a size bigger with dhgate shirts. 

Thanks. Will do

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Atletico’s new abomination. 

1AB4A815-9930-4126-B36E-6A85FFCA8246.jpeg

I thought Atletico's shirt was linked to them being formed by matress makers not painters and piss poor ones at that?

On 25/06/2021 at 17:39, Barrington Womble said:

I ordered a 3xl of the pinned stripped concept shirt that was knocking around and got a 2xl of the legit style fake. 

IMG_20210625_171640.jpg

So the blue 6 badge has gone? 

Silly question, but if our deal is heavily sales based - why have neither away kit been released yet almost two months after last season? 

Are Nike deliberately trying to restrict the amount of time that fans can buy the kits? 

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Silly question, but if our deal is heavily sales based - why have neither away kit been released yet almost two months after last season? 

Are Nike deliberately trying to restrict the amount of time that fans can buy the kits? 

I think the opposite. They're trying to maximise sales by not releasing too closely together - with a bit of covid supply chain issues thrown in. I think in an ideal world they'd have had the red kit out before last season finished, the 2nd for the start of preseason the 3rd at the end of the transfer window. 

1 hour ago, Poster said:

So the blue 6 badge has gone? 

Yep. It seems it's not fair or something mental. So now you just get that number in the CL badge which looks like an iron on number. The blue badge was about the only decent thing uefa has ever done. 

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I thought Atletico's shirt was linked to them being formed by matress makers not painters and piss poor ones at that?

Or Jules and Vincent cleaning up a dead body in Quentin Tarantinos garage.