Quantcast
Nike deal - Page 9 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paulie Dangerously

Nike deal

You've got a massive club like Liverpool with an enormous worldwide fanbase, playing at the peak of its powers, signing on to a massive brand. FSG aren't mugs when it comes to money, yet this deal doesn't look great at face value. 

Something doesn't quite add up. Makes you wonder a bit. As unlikely as it seems to happen, the Mbappe signing through alignment with Nike would both add significant value to the deal itself by him becoming available, plus the shirt sales would explode. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

We aren’t going to sign Mbappe next summer lads.

Most likely not. I'm just pointing out that the numbers of the proposed new deal appear a little underwhelming at first glance. It feels like something hasn't been revealed about it yet, as it doesn't make much sense otherwise. 

3 hours ago, A_S said:

Most likely not. I'm just pointing out that the numbers of the proposed new deal appear a little underwhelming at first glance. It feels like something hasn't been revealed about it yet, as it doesn't make much sense otherwise. 

The deal does look pretty shit. 

No way we are signing Mbappe but something is amiss. Probably why New Balance are so pissed off. 

21 minutes ago, Grinch said:

A nice wee bung for the yanks no doubt. 

Are you suggesting that there are sports investment companies in the Premier League who are actually in it to make profit and not just for the love of the club?

Well I, for one, am shocked and disappointed. 

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Are you suggesting that there are sports investment companies in the Premier League who are actually in it to make profit and not just for the love of the club?

Well I, for one, am shocked and disappointed. 

Yes we've gone so far down that road that it's now perfectly ok for parasites to profit at the clubs expense. 

Imagine that. 

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Yes we've gone so far down that road that it's now perfectly ok for parasites to profit at the clubs expense. 

Imagine that. 

The club owners are in it for profit. Apart from freaky aberrations like Jack Walker, it has literally never been any other way. 

As alluded to earlier, this deal is about strengthening our foothold in Asia. Long term, it probably makes financial sense, even if the sums seem underwhelming now. Personally, I find it a bit unsavoury, and feel we could have handled things with New Balance a bit better.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Turned the club from a corner store operation into a multi billion pound powerhouse, yet are stupid over major kit deal. Internet said so. 

Brimful of Ashley.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Turned the club from a corner store operation into a multi billion pound powerhouse, yet are stupid over major kit deal. Internet said so. 

Corner store operation

What a load of bollocks. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

No idea why people assume this is going to be a shit deal. FSG aren’t going to sign a shot deal. 

That's why people are assuming they'll sign a shit deal.

11 hours ago, viRdjil said:

We aren’t going to sign Mbappe next summer lads.

Unfortunately You are absolutely correct. 

3 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don’t particularly like FSG but despite repeated insinuations I don’t blindly hate them either. 

No way are they signing up for a deal to make less money. 

One thing you can’t criticise them for is not milking the club for every penny it’s worth.